• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Arturia Virtual Instruments in JK
TIA for your help.

I'm jamming a few times a week with musicians spread around the USA west coast using JamKazam. Until recently, I used physical instruments only (a Nord and a Hydrasynth) routed through a mixer and into my PC via a Focusrite Scarlett 4i4. I connect a mic to the Scarlett, too, for chitchat and "singing." That all works fine.

Then I got an Arturia Keylab 61 mk2 and started discovering the world of Arturia virtual instruments. As a person who grew up with Wurlitzer, Rhodes, and other electric pianos, ARP, Moog, and the rest of the world of analog synths and string emulators, etc., I can't believe the quality of sound and expression these tools make available. Naturally, I want to use them in my online jams. That's where things get tricky.

Via controls in the Focusrite UI and the JamKazam Audio Settings UI, I was able to use a loopback feature to route the output of Arturia virtual instruments to JamKazam, and my collaborators could hear them. Yay - sort of.

Using loopback also loops the other jammers' audio back at them - it creates an echo loop. Not yay.

I'm hoping someone familiar with these pieces can provide pointers on signal routing.

Thanks again,
Ben

Messages In This Thread
Arturia Virtual Instruments in JK - by benshem - 03-28-2024, 01:54 PM