• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Help! Timing With Drummer (yellow but need green)
Hello,

I am near Port Moody British Columbia Canada. I can never get any better than the yellow indicator on JamKazam, and that’s more or less OK when jamming with another guitarist / singer, but it’s simply not good enough to play with a drummer. Zlartibartfas says “manage your QoS settings, and setup port forwarding” but I do not know exactly how I should set this, see here https://forum.jamkazam.com/showthread.ph...6&pid=8125

I have been jamming with a local drummer (with good gear) and it’s always the same. It’s impossible over time for us to stay synchronized. It helps some if we use the JamKazam metronome, but even that is not good enough and I can feel his drums drifting over time. The drummer also can never get any better than the yellow indicator on JamKazam even though he’s upgraded ISP speeds, cable modems, routers, etc.

Also I have not adjusted the frame rate, we are both on the Gold Package, and we never enable video of any kind.

The tunes get most out of sync when I send the drummer a click with sequenced tracks (which I sing and play guitar to). I generate the click and the tracks from an entirely separate dedicated second laptop and mix it via the Behringer XENYX 1202FX Mixer referred to later on.

There are no other I/O tasks on our computers, there is no distortion or artifacts, and the session is not freezing or dropping out. We always make sure there is no other traffic on our home systems such as VoIP or other computers. I have looked at the status of open jam participants, and I noticed that a few of the participants have a green indicator, so clearly it can be done, and I am pretty sure that’s what we need to be able to get, or at the very least I should be able to get.

Please help us, we would be most appreciative!

Here is the gear I’m using:

Guitar > Line 6 Helix Floor > Behringer XENYX 1202FX Mixer…
AKG C420 Headset mic > TC Helicon VoiceLive 3 > Behringer XENYX 1202FX Mixer…

…Focusrite Scarlett 4i4 (3rd Gen)

Motorola MB8600 DOCSIS 3.1 Cable Modem > TP Link Archer C4000 Router > Cat 5 Cable > TP-Link UE300 Ethernet Adapter > ASUS VivoBook i7 / 16 GB RAM / 1 TB SSD / Win 11

Here is my ISP:

https://mysavvy.teksavvy.com
Cable 30 Unlimited (30Mbps / 5Mbps)

FYI, I tried Cable 500 Unlimited (500Mbps / 100Mbps) but it did not make any difference, the indicator stayed yellow, never green.

Messages In This Thread
Help! Timing With Drummer (yellow but need green) - by PicoDan - 02-07-2022, 09:27 AM