• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
App freezing and cra$ng on Windows 10
(06-16-2021, 06:30 PM)merrygold85 Wrote: Hi,

I'm having a similar issue with the latest update running on a Windows 7 machine. A decent one though.

When I start up the app it takes a while longer than the previous versions, then finally the boxes load up their artwork and I get a message in the tray saying "media relay server connected" and then the app freezes grey, and crashes out.

The last version of the app worked totally fine for me so I imagine this is a major bug. I tried reinstalling and turning off the antivirus but found no joy. I even reinstalled the older version but it makes this update mandatory, so I can't use it.

Has anyone found any workarounds for this issue or do I have to hope that the next update sorts it out and comes around soon? Cause that sucks.

>>>
Hi, do you have a subscription?
If so, before signing up, did you read the 'system requirements'?. For Windows it states "A computer running Windows 10".
Although it might work, and apparently it did for you before (and I know of people running it on W8 successfully), newer versions of JKz could supersede the compatibility with an older OS. I'm not saying that this is the case right now or that it won't get fixed, I have no say in that whatsoever, but going by the sysreqs the devs don't seem to have an obligation towards keeping JKz running on a Windows older than 10.
Maybe there are more W7 users that can chime in with either a solution or a confirmation of your situation.

I'm on latest W10 and have the odd freeze/crash on the current version as well. But mostly it runs just fine.
> Tamacti Jun <

Messages In This Thread
RE: App freezing and cra$ng on Windows 10 - by Dimitri Muskens - 06-16-2021, 06:58 PM