• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Mixer into Jamkazam
Just sharing....

I’ve tried all sorts of different configurations for my setup, for fun mostly. I have a 8 I/O MOTU interface and when I started using JK I configured all 8 I/O which translated to 4 Stereo Tracks into JK

T1 Stereo Vocals (I have a vocal harmonizer which creates beautiful stereo harmonies - TC Helicon VoiceLive3)

T2 Stereo Guitar coming from the VoiceLice since it is also a combo guitar multi effects, stereo out.

T3 Stereo Roland GR-55 for my 13 Pin guitar

T4 Stereo Digitech SDRM or Digitech Trio Plus. I have a mini mixer switcher and run a feed from my other laptop or mp3 player in case I want to bring in multiple sources in T4

At first, I relied mostly on the MOTU’s interface Software directly (no hardware mixer), much like what you have but I personally didn’t like the idea of using my trackpad/mouse to make adjustments. Then I put a hardware mixer in front of everything so that I can easily dial in my sound via the EQ settings, Panning, etc via sliders and knobx. The Mixer has 8 direct outs so i still have 4 stereo tracks in JK.

Previous to this, at one point I did have a hardware mixer in front of the interface and Sub'd all mixer channels down to the Main L/R outs to my Audio Interface 1 & 2. This worked great too and yes, was more simple because you only have to mess with 2 tracks in JK when working with your own Mix in Jk. But, then I started recording and needed to isolate the vocals, guitar, synth, drums, etc..

I say, to each his/her own with your setup, but it should support what you want your outcome to be. If you're into turning knobs, stepping on pedals, it's all hardware. Otherwise it's DAWs and VST routing. I have learned a lot with changing things up, and looking for a way to hook up my vitamix

Messages In This Thread
Mixer into Jamkazam - by carvinae185@gmail.com - 01-08-2021, 01:40 PM
RE: Mixer into Jamkazam - by MrFourstrings - 01-08-2021, 06:35 PM
RE: Mixer into Jamkazam - by GDJ - 01-09-2021, 12:29 AM
RE: Mixer into Jamkazam - by GDJ - 01-09-2021, 10:02 PM