• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Application crashes when making video changes
(12-05-2020, 06:39 PM)BeaconAVLab Wrote: After the most recent JamKazam update (12/3?), my bandmates and I have experienced some pretty major issues with the application crash ing/unexpectedly quitting. The crashes seem to most often occur when making changes to the video window - opening or closing the video window, shuffling users within the layout, changing layout view, etc), but sometimes the crashes just happen randomly.  We had a session last night (a live-stream that had been scheduled prior to the latest update), and each of our 4 band members experienced a crash at least once while getting the app setup prior to going live (2 of us crashed multiple times). The last time it crashed was moments after we had gone live - I was the Broadcaster, and the program crashed on me about 45 seconds in, right when I hit the keyboard shortcut to shuffle users in the video layout. This derailed our entire broadcast for about 20 mins while we did damage control.

All of us are using Macs (Mojave or Catalina OS). I have a UA Apollo Twin MkII Thunderbolt interface, using a Zoom Q2HD as a webcam.  2 of my bandmates are using 3rd-gen Focusrite Scarlett interfaces, and the built-in webcams on their Macs.  Our other bandmate has a MOTU M4, with a Logitech C920 HD Pro webcam.

Any advice for curing these crashes would be greatly appreciated - we have another live stream planned for next weekend, and are more concerned about the reliability of JamKazam for this than usual (certainly worked our way through plenty of bugs in doing similar sessions and streams over the last few months, but had the system working well enough to be pretty confident in using it for some live events that went fairly smoothly... Not expecting the system to be perfect, but these crashes are a bit more egregious than what we've encountered in the past and a potentially significant hinderance to successfully using this software).

Thanks!

Hi,
It is note worthy to know that since JK introduced the STUN-TURN protocol architecture back in August we have been suffering greatly with eg. sudden 100% packet loss on multiple users. My understanding of their architecture would be that they are running out of bandwidth with respect the the paths/IP highways they have setup for media streams. It's just a hunch based on what I have sniffed/decoded directly off my ethernet leaving my laptop during a session and some basic info they published. So I think it's a "bare and grin at it" situation until they get this sorted. I attached a pic of the protocol impact.
Audient iD14 mk-1 Audio Gear @ 48KHz/2.5ms Frame Size, Gold-256Kbps @ 4.16msec Latency
Windows 10 Home, Intel NUC Gen6 i5 6260U CPU @ 1.8GHz 
                                   16G Mem. 1000Mbps Ethernet, Cat-6 cable to Router
iSP: Fiber To The Home (FTTH) 330/330Mbps with Ping=1ms / Jitter=0.6ms approx.

Messages In This Thread
RE: Application crashes when making video changes - by John InMontreal iD14 - 12-06-2020, 03:24 PM