• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Allow in-my-home persons to listen in
(12-01-2020, 04:12 AM)TWDay72 Wrote:
(11-27-2020, 11:42 PM)farreln Wrote: JK has been working great. Four friends play together weekly. It would be great if our in-home spouses/partners could listen in while we play. If there is on obvious way to do this, I've missed it. Any suggestions? Thanks!
A cool and cheap tactic for doing this is to take a parallel split from your headphone feed (or just a 2nd feed from a headphone amp) and send it to a Bluetooth transmitter (mine cost $25 from Amazon). Link the transmitter to a Bluetooth speaker system or receiver pretty much anywhere within range of Bluetooth (at least 30 feet). You'll have a pretty independent "concert split" for your local audience. I've used this with a group of friends at our outdoor fire-pit (socially distanced, of course) while I was playing with a group of friends from around the country in my studio.
Thanks. I would need to do this with a wifi speaker since the sound needs to go downstairs - to avoid feedback. I'll look at my bits and pieces and see how close I am to being able to do this.

Messages In This Thread
RE: Allow in-my-home persons to listen in - by farreln - 12-07-2020, 03:07 PM