• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
high interface latency with Scarlett 2i2 on Mac mini
(08-30-2020, 08:52 PM)ssjk1 Wrote:
(08-25-2020, 12:34 AM)ssjk1 Wrote: Is anybody able to get acceptable latency using a Mac Mini (2020) and a Focusrite Scarlett 2i2?

Hardware:  new 6 core i7 with 16BG memory and MacOS 10.15.6
Focusrite Scarlett 2i2 third generation
Jamkazam latest release, latency patch installed, frame rate at 1

Best I can get is 17.9ms for audio interface latency with focusrite.  I can get down to 7.9ms with 4 year old Presonus Audiobox i2. Still not quite usable, but better

Bonus question - any idea  why the performance of the Scarlett and the Audiobox would have been almost exactly the opposite on the MacBook pro (2015) I was running before? Core audio performance on the Jamkazam interface is green.

Focusrite support has responded but has nothing to offer so far.

UPDATE: I have managed to get to a much better 4.2ms gear latency in a solo session using the following settings:  Sample rate 96Khz.  Set this via the focusrite control software.  click on the little gear symbol at the top left after you start the control software and you will see that sample rate is basically the only thing you can change.  I tried them all and 96K works best.  Set frame size at 1 via the JamKazam "manage" menu item at the top left (must be in session).
Hi- thanks for the info. I also installed the Focusrite latency fix and restarted my computer but do not see any difference with it. I wrote to Focusrite for help. Also I am wondering if the fact that my Scarlet connects to my computer via a hub might add latency, so I just ordered an adapter to let me connect it directly to my computer.

Messages In This Thread
RE: high interface latency with Scarlett 2i2 on Mac mini - by cohen1815@gmail.com - 08-30-2020, 10:47 PM