• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
headphone recommendation?
Of course it depends on what you can afford. But i would say, stay away from noise canceling or anything that colors sound and limits dynamic range. That said, COMFORT should be a factor since it's possible you will be wearing them for hours. Over the ear are form factor is a must so you don't have something pressing up against your ear and heating up. I have a few nice headphones already and recently purchased the Beryedynamic dt 770 40 ohms (they have 80 ohms). These are closed back - they have open-back too. You need to make sure your audio interface headphone can push the headphone signal for the 80 but most likely it should push the 40. They have a good dynamic range, not too heavy, the chord is a a combination of straight and coiled (in the right place). Just keep in mind, it's likely even a descent pair of headphones are sufficient because each Jamkazam session is always in question with sound artifacts and unwanted noises like distortion. So don't go looking for the perfect headphone if you already have nice ones. Of course i also use mine for mixing projects unrelated to JK.

Messages In This Thread
headphone recommendation? - by maxinegerb - 08-23-2020, 07:53 AM
RE: headphone recommendation? - by maxinegerb - 08-23-2020, 08:14 PM
RE: headphone recommendation? - by GDJ - 08-24-2020, 01:34 PM