• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
What internet speed up/down do I really need?
(08-21-2020, 02:46 PM)Chris Frost Wrote:
(08-21-2020, 02:33 PM)MIL8 Wrote: Hello everyone, just found out about JamKazam this week and our band wants to start using it. 

What internet speed is really needed? I know the specs say 1 Mbps upload but I see posts from other users online and opinions of course vary. 

There are 4 of us in the band, two of us have Fiber connections although I'm not sure what speed they actually have. 

I have a 2Mbps upload/25Mbps download, the other guy has 1Mbps upload/10Mbps download. I'm thinking the two of us need to upgrade our speed but would like to hear from others what is really needed to make best use of JamKazam.

Thanks!
Welcome to the wonderful world of JamKazam ...  Smile

The internet speed required is fairly dependent on the distance between you all and whether those links are being used for any other purpose.  You should be able to use JK with the spec connections that you have - it certainly wont hurt to try.

A couple of things to remember though ..... 
1) NO WIFI ... you must use a cable connection as WiFi ‘looses packets’
2) Use an Audio Interface if you have one - it reduces ‘latency’ (time taken to get your audio to everyone else).  Lots say that you can get by with a USB headset / mic ... which is true - I have..... but I have a 10Mb upload / 80 Mb download fibre connection. .... and it is much better with the Audio i/f.
That's really bad for me, actually. WIFI is my only option and there is nothing I can do about it at the moment.

Messages In This Thread
RE: What internet speed up/down do I really need? - by ronsmith - 08-30-2020, 08:37 PM