• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
2 important questions on recordings help please!
(08-17-2020, 01:26 AM)jasmine@jasminesandler.com Wrote: Guys - I am a vocalist and on the recordings as well as many times my band says I only come in one ear and my voals have static. I am listening to a mix of our rehearsal from tonight and again I hear static and in one ear from my vocals. I have a solo scarlett and blue compression mic. Any help please? I am using windows 10.
Second question - how do I download and cut up the final recording as it is in oss and not mp3 or can i convert and then edit?
Hi Jasmine,  I use Focusrite Scarlett on Windows 10. ... and I have heard that static on the recordings too.  On mine, it appears worse when there is a sharp attack on the note - heavy accents or loud pieces.  I got some improvement by turning the gain down and also by trying out different bit rate / frame size settings (sorry - but its a question of trial and error to get the best mix). .... You could also try recording video and taking your audio feed from that (sounds daft - but i dont get any Statius on the recorded video)

The second question is much easier ... Your music sessions are recorded on your PC in \users\<your name>\music\JamKazam\recordings\<sone hexadecimal string>\ ..... there are now a set of folders with Hexadecimal names with the date of the session.  You have to hunt around - but in the folder will be a list of the local tracks (i.e. You) and RT. Remote tracks (i.e the others on your session).  These are usually compressed in ‘ogg’ format .... but may also be uncompressed ‘wav’ files.  Any audio mixing software will be able to accept these (they are ‘like MP3’ - but developers dont have to pay royalty fees to use them).  Also - from the file manager, you can ‘export’ recordings to the Documents\JamKazam\Recordings folder ... these are all ogg format.

If for some reason your audio software wont read ogg format, you could easily convert them online (google search for ‘ogg to mp3’).... or download a decent DAW that does work (I use Audacity - Which is free) - but there are lots available.

Messages In This Thread
RE: 2 important questions on recordings help please! - by Chris Frost - 08-17-2020, 08:59 AM