• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Problem with tracks recorded during sessions
Hi Hans Peter

Thanks for the reply. I suppose it is possible that the behaviour of the app has changed, or that there is a difference between PC and Mac versions. However, looking at equivalent files on my computer, the equivalent wav files would be one from each participant and would represent the audio stream exactly as received from that participant during the session. So, in the case of my friend who plays accordion, bass and sings, his wav file would be his own mix of those three sources. In your case, the wav files were written to the disk at 23:40, which is presumably when your session ended.

The ogg files, if they are like the equivalent on my machine, would include separate files for each of your own sources. I assume those are the two saved at 23:46 and maybe the one at 23.47. Presumably these take a few minutes to save because JK has to do some processing, such as converting them to ogg.

After your session had ended, the JK file manager (if it works like mine) would have uploaded your ogg files to the central server, along with individual track files from each of the other participants. A little later, between 00:09 and 03:16 the following day, the server sent you copies of all those ogg files. That spread of time is interesting as it suggests that a file from one of the other participants was uploaded to the server and downloaded to you in about 23 minutes from the end of the session, but another such file took about three and a half hours to do the same. Even given different internet speeds, this rather supports the view that the upload/download process is a bit unstable.

I don't know if I am right without listening to those files on your computer but, certainly in the recordings I am getting at the moment, the wav files invariably contain a mix of all the instruments of an individual participant and not individual tracks for each of their instruments. This is fine for a band member who just plays a single instrument, but not so great for one who effectively plays 2 instruments and sings simultaneously.

Regards

Steve

Messages In This Thread
RE: Problem with tracks recorded during sessions - by SteveW - 08-16-2020, 11:11 AM