• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Does This work for anyone???
Hi Larry. Just adding my moral support response here. For the most part, I enjoy it. Even if you bring the fastest hardware you can to it, you will still encounter disappointment and troubles but at least you reach a point of stability. This is because no matter how hard you try and what you put into it, we are at the mercy of internet latency and an app in need of an overhaul. The devs, as i understand it, are prioritizing their work to improve performance. I have contributed to the gofundme not only for the time spent using it, but for their efforts. They came out of the woodwork due to covid to make a go of it again. I can go on an on.. but when i reset my expectations I have a better experience. We just don't know what we're going to get. I'm finding in the US, it's a hit or miss to find someone in the Yellow for descent latency. While in the UK, i hear some user's tout having a better experience because of fiberoptic.

Also, i would agree online jamming apps make you feel like you have to have a degree in computer science - lol. Hans Peter, Stuart, Lex and others are to be credited for helping people out all the time. They don't work for JK. I do feel all the setup videos and help documents need to updated too. One thing i notice is, even though many folks struggle with the technical side, they can follow instructions very well. Perhaps this explains why we are musicians.

About the videos you see where it appears people are in sync and how amazing that it is. I'll say what you may need to hear. Smoke and mirrors my friend. Let me say it this way. In the past several months during social isolation we have seen an increase in these videos. They are non jamkazamm. And, they are post processed. Recorded at separate times and synced together at the end. I will go as far to express that even with the recent JamKazam live streaming performances, that yes.. i believe these are live and in sync, but there is something else going on we may not be privy too - yet. I'm hoping the Dev's bring this experience to the average JK user. That said, i do believe it is helpful to jam iwth people who are in closer in proximity. I have a better experience with people in my state of California that are 2, 50, and 300 miles away. But at the same time, I had an interesting experience last night. The session had 8 people in it, all in RED. NY, NJ, KS, OR, me California. We played rock songs and sang for about 2 hours and while there were a few times of abrupt latency, something syncd in where we were actually in sync. I was pleasantly surprised by this and everyone commented on it. Something lined up for us just right.

I'm not a windows guy and think you should stick it out since it's also free and you should achieve hardware and OS stability as much as possible. You're in good hands. We should pace ourselves too Smile

Messages In This Thread
Does This work for anyone??? - by Larry J - 07-22-2020, 05:23 PM
RE: Does This work for anyone??? - by Larry J - 07-22-2020, 10:26 PM
RE: Does This work for anyone??? - by StuartR - 07-29-2020, 04:22 AM
RE: Does This work for anyone??? - by Lex Music - 07-22-2020, 10:52 PM
RE: Does This work for anyone??? - by Larry J - 07-22-2020, 11:18 PM
RE: Does This work for anyone??? - by GDJ - 07-23-2020, 01:45 AM
RE: Does This work for anyone??? - by Larry J - 07-23-2020, 02:08 AM
RE: Does This work for anyone??? - by Lex Music - 07-23-2020, 05:12 AM
RE: Does This work for anyone??? - by GDJ - 07-23-2020, 01:55 PM
RE: Does This work for anyone??? - by Larry J - 07-24-2020, 05:16 PM
RE: Does This work for anyone??? - by Chris Frost - 07-25-2020, 08:04 AM