• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Apparently network issue; Live Tracks always greyed out in Session with others
Wink 
Dear JamKazam et al,

Still trying to jam with someone. 

Short story:
  1. I can do a solo session. 7.3ms delay. All good. Using a Focusrite Scarlett 2i2 3rd Gen.
  2. My friend can do a solo session. 7.4ms delay. All good. We are “Friends”. He is using a USB mic.
  3. When we try to join a session together, all we see is the other greyed out with “No audio?”.
  4. And we get the “Network Send Error.” Over and over.
  5. And we both tried to join an open session and get the same results for the other “Live Tracks” — greyed out. This points to it being our setup. 
  6. And i now after turning back on "Show Network Alerts" on Manage->Network menu, i get the "Check your network! Your network changed packet port numbers. This may block...". 
Long story:
  1. Both macOS Mojave 10.14.6.
  2. Both Jamkazam version Build 1.80 - “1.0.3702”
  3. Both have a Network “Location” that is set to use a static IP, with WiFi removed from the location. 
  4. Both have setup port forwarding of external UDP ports 12000-12010 to same range internal sending to our respective static IPs.
  5. Both have IPv6 turned off in Jamkazam.
  6. Both have JK’s Preferences set ON to always use the same set of UDP ports, and the start is set to 12000.
  7. Both have Audio Booster set as follows: Auto Throttle Bitrate unchecked, Media Stream unchecked, Chat channel unchecked, Maximum Outgoing Music Bitrate set to 128Kbit/s, Audio FrameSize set to 1ms Experimental, Auto Throttle Network Packet Rate unchecked, Max Network Packet Rate 100Pkt/s. This got me down to 7.3ms delay from 10.3ms.
  8. Then I realized i had macOS Firewall turned on and so went and set Security & Privacy->Firewall is OFF. Still no changes, except when i went to Search for Open Sessions, when i hovered over one of the people in an open session, it showed my delay as 10ms to that one person — rest all say unknown. Still no love trying to join an open session.
  9. I have a Verizon FiOS business internet 90Mbps/90Mbps. I didn’t have my friend test his network speed. Friend has Comcast 131Mbps down/6.5Mbps up. Should be no issues with those speeds.
  10. I have Apple Airport Extreme router with a static IP from Verizon as i run some services. If i go to [/url][url=https://whatismyip.com]whatismyip.com i see the same IP as what i have set my router’s to. This is in regard to some post about having a private IP versus a public IP as some crazy internet providers put you behind some NAT. Friend has DHCP IP for his router but same as what shows up at whatismyip.com. 
  11. In tweaking settings over and over, i would quit and restart Jamkazam many times. At one point, Jamkazam app crashed. I have filed a bug report. 
  12. Oh yeah, in one test with my friend, we heard each other for like 1 second... then it stopped. Retried that setting a few times. No luck.

What am i missing? Or what have i done wrong? Or what should i try?

Any clues would be most appreciated. I've attached some screen shots in cast that helps.

Peace,
Dan

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Messages In This Thread
Apparently network issue; Live Tracks always greyed out in Session with others - by backinterrapin - 07-07-2020, 09:21 PM