• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Microsoft Surface Pro 7 audio gear setup
StuartR: I appreciate your input. Are you suggesting that even if I got past the "audio device not connected" error, the latency would be so bad on the WDM drivers that it would be useless anyway?

I do have a Focusrite Scarlett Solo audio interface which I tried with the Surface Pro 7. The Solo is currently on loan to a friend so I can't recreate the errors but I do know that I couldn't get the Solo working either. I think it was the same audio device not connected but I can't remember for sure.

It might help me if I understood what JK is looking for during audio gear setup -- does it search for installed drivers? Or is it looking at attached hardware? One of the things that's confusing me on the Surface Pro 7 is that there are THREE microphone arrays listed for the one built-in mic. JK doesn't allow me to pick more than one array. Likewise there are two speakers listed.

I figure I will worry about latency after I get past this audio device not connected error. Can anyone help me with that?

Messages In This Thread
RE: Microsoft Surface Pro 7 audio gear setup - by kathoshea - 06-18-2020, 06:42 PM