• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Why does JK offer a different device for In and Out?
(06-09-2020, 07:43 AM)SteveW Wrote: One example. A lot of modelling guitar amps have a direct usb output. A reasonable option for a guitarist is to use their amp as the input to jk, but a separate audio interface with a headphone jack for the output.

Thanks for that...
However.  JK does not allow the use of ANY '2nd interface.' - ...at least not in my version with Windows 8.1 Pro running, (Most stable OS EVER from MS IMHO, and does NOT force automatic updates...).  When I choose another interface (that IS connected and will function when selected as the INPUT device...), JK simply reports that it can not open the device.  I wish it DID open it since it wold make so much more sense to have the output in a separate device for me.
Thanks, though!

(06-10-2020, 09:51 AM)mark@butterill.plus.com Wrote: This was indeed the method we have tried to use for our bass player. He plays through a Line 6 HX Stomp which can act as the input interface, however there's no return signal route so initially when he had headphones plugged in to the Stomp he was direct monitoring and out of time to the rest of us. Using his Windows laptop audio output for the headphones, and the laptop's mic for talkback seemed to work but over two sessions he was plagued by gain issues - his bass would sound great to us, but would distort through the laptop audio system so it sounded awful to him. Or his mic would distort to us. It just didn't seem possible to get the gains balanced across the input and output, so he's now ordering a 2 channel interface to set up the same as the rest of us.
By the way our guitarist had the same experience trying to use an Apogee Jam for input and his Macbook output for monitoring and talkback. Unworkable for us. Great news for Behringer interface sales though!

On a Mac?

Messages In This Thread
RE: Why does JK offer a different device for In and Out? - by BrionBell - 06-11-2020, 10:49 PM