• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Buffer size of UMC202HD automatically switched to 8 samples
(04-08-2020, 07:29 PM)Pete Savigny Wrote: Eric Hayes writes to me via personal message on JamKazam:
====
use the UMC driver 4.38 and you should be okay.
I had the same problem when I first hooked up the Behringer.
This is what solve it from going back to 8.
Let me know if this helps
====

I deinstalled UMC driver 4.59, installed 4.38. 
It still reverts to 8 samples upon resync. 
But I can now change the buffer size, and it will stay, until I resync.

Meanwhile it still works with different buffer sizes.  
Though my latency stays at 4.17ms which corresponds to my latency at 8 samples. 

I would have expected it to go up according to buffer size.
So, I'm not sure if the higher buffer size is actually effective.
Latency seems to increase, when I'm playing and listening to myself through the system and directly at the same time.

It seems that 8 samples does not bring up any quality issues with the sound getting through. 
So I suppose I can let JamKazam run on 8 samples.
What do you think?

I wrote earlier:

Someone on the Behringer Musictribe forum answered:
====
8 samples is what Jamkazam defaults most interfaces to for some reason. It still works.  

I recommend performing a complete audio gear setup on Jamkazam. To find audio gear go to top right of page and select audio gear. Even if you have done this I would try again. Make sure and select your device for input and output and check  boxes 1 and 2  for both directions. 

During the gear setup you should hear their test tone when you reach that page to test. When in a session direct monitoring should be off and you control your own volume by the level control under my live tracks when in a session. Do you see the levels light up on your friends under other live tracks?  

Also, the mute function will activate very easily if you are not careful when you are adjusting your or someone elses levels. 

If their avatar is grayed out this would be a network issue and not an audio issue. It could be on their end or your end. 

Many use the various Behringer interfaces and mixers on Jamkazam and have great results. 
You can also check your interface on a DAW to see if your audio is working properly on input and output. 
====

I went through the audio gear setup again. I cannot see that I did anything differently, apart from also going through my Windows sound settings again. And I made sure that no JamKazam process was still running on my task manager, before restarting JamKazam. 

And now I'm hearing my co-musicians. I cannot quite yet believe that this will keep working. 
I will try out with my tango band members.

Messages In This Thread
RE: Buffer size of UMC202HD automatically switched to 8 samples - by Pete Savigny - 04-11-2020, 12:36 PM