• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Buffer size of UMC202HD automatically switched to 8 samples
(04-07-2020, 03:20 PM)Michael Dolak Wrote: I also have the same problem and it drives me crazy (actually with a UMC204HD):
===
Hi Michael, 
that is good for me to hear, because I was wondering whether exchanging my UMC202HD and getting the UMC204HD could also solve that problem.
===
You write:
When I connect with another musician just via audio everything works very smooth -
===
It is also good to hear your audio works smoothly - in spite of the buffer being reset to 8 samples upon resync. That seems to mean that the fact that I do not get to hear my co-musicians, whereas they hear me perfectly, should not be caused by this reset to 8 samples. 

Maybe you can help me find out whether my UMC202HD must be at fault, and I will have to exchange it, or whether at least the audio can be made to run smoothly for me as well?

So I actually wish I just had the problem with the video stream. 

You write:
===
but as soon as I open the video stream I get sound distortion. I guess this is a latency-issue and I tried to change the ASIO buffer size but it always changes back to 8 samples upon resync.

I really hope somebody can figure out a solution because rehearsing and jamming isn't possible for me without a proper video feed (if in fact my problem is latency-related)...
===

I'm sure a proper video feed will also be something I will want - once I have solved the more basic audio problem.
Are you ready to help me with it?
Pete

Messages In This Thread
RE: Buffer size of UMC202HD automatically switched to 8 samples - by Pete Savigny - 04-07-2020, 08:24 PM