• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
How do I change my forum displayed name
I replied to a post and I see my email address as the name. I there someplace in the User CP where I can set my displayed name? Thanks
try clicking on "User CP" in the top right side, under the word "Help"
Thanks for the reply.

Yes, The User Control Panel displays my profile name as my email address. I don't find a way to change it to just my name or to a nickname like other members I see here on the forum. Such as your forum name, 'mabalot' and not your email.

Is it that my email address is only displayed to me and my full name is displayed to others?

Edit Profile on the left side navigation of User CP doesn't seem to have an option to change it either.

Any other suggestions would be appreciated.
(04-11-2020, 03:42 AM)drp1098@hotmail.com Wrote: Thanks for the reply.

Yes, The User Control Panel displays my profile name as my email address. I don't find a way to change it to just my name or to a nickname like other members I see here on the forum. Such as your forum name, 'mabalot' and not your email.

Is it that my email address is only displayed to me and my full name is displayed to others?

Edit Profile on the left side navigation of User CP doesn't seem to have an option to change it either.

Any other suggestions would be appreciated.

>> User CP
> Edit Profile (lefhand column)
> Change Username
Photo 
Thanks Dimitri, I'm still not seeing it on the Edit Profile page.

[Image: OlnwwUO.jpg]
(04-11-2020, 07:30 PM)drp1098@hotmail.com Wrote: Thanks Dimitri, I'm still not seeing it on the Edit Profile page.

[Image: OlnwwUO.jpg]
>>>
It's right there!
On the lefhand side halfway down the column "Change Password" - with the little orange key before it ... .
<<<
I do not need to change my password. I need to change my forum display name from email address to my name. I don't find an option to change my account name, forum name, or nickname in either the "Change Password" page or Edit Profile page.

I'll contact support
Sorry, you're absolutely right, doing several things at the same time.
I was looking at my account at another forum (same software) for an example.
It is possible there. I suppose jkz has not enabled user-/nickname changes in this forum.
Maybe for a reason(?) I don't know.
In the Edit Profile, right side, the is a section CUSTOM USER TITLE. I have not used it, but it looks like it's an override for your default one. Could that be your next best solution?
(04-12-2020, 07:11 PM)Grateful Dead Jams Wrote: In the Edit Profile, right side, the is a section CUSTOM USER TITLE. I have not used it, but it looks like it's an override for your default one. Could that be your next best solution?

Thanks GDJ, I think the custom user title is the the title under your user name like "Junior Member". I've submitted a support email to see if they have an answer. Darin