• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
What is a 'Follower'?
What is the purpose of 'following' someone?
What is the difference between a 'Friend' and a 'Follower'?
I have no social media experience, hence my question.

Thanks for your help!
Stay safe!
It really depends on what you are on JK for… you have bands, teachers, schools, and random newbies. So if you find a jam you can add those to your connections. Or you can just follow to get updates for their activities.
(08-04-2022, 10:01 PM)stenio Wrote: It really depends on what you are on JK for… you have bands, teachers, schools, and random newbies. So if you find a jam you can add those to your connections. Or you can just follow to get updates for their activities.

Thanks for your response Stenio.

I go on JK to play music. The activities of my Friends I can see without following them. I also have some Followers.
What the meaning of 'following' or 'Follower' is, I still don't understand, I don't see anything related to that.
I use JK since about one year now, maybe the 'Follow' button is not really connected to anything, maybe it just creates another column with names listed there.
That is all I can figure out.
Stay safe!
(08-05-2022, 02:27 PM)Sticks Wrote:
(08-04-2022, 10:01 PM)stenio Wrote: It really depends on what you are on JK for… you have bands, teachers, schools, and random newbies. So if you find a jam you can add those to your connections. Or you can just follow to get updates for their activities.

I go on JK to play music. The activities of my Friends I can see without following them. I also have some Followers.
What the meaning of 'following' or 'Follower' is, I still don't understand, I don't see anything related to that.
I use JK since about one year now, maybe the 'Follow' button is not really connected to anything, maybe it just creates another column with names listed there.

maybe this will help explain... i have been using it since 2018     

when i log in and go to find sessions if i follow someone they wil show up in your For Me section like connections do. I do not play with all people i follow but enjoy listening to them play from time to time. You are correct in that they are not connected to anything. i think i only have one follower and follow about 10, and only 6 connections/friends.
(08-16-2022, 06:53 AM)stenio Wrote:
(08-05-2022, 02:27 PM)Sticks Wrote:

maybe this will help explain... i have been using it since 2018     

when i log in and go to find sessions if i follow someone they wil show up in your For Me section like connections do. I do not play with all people i follow but enjoy listening to them play from time to time. You are correct in that they are not connected to anything. i think i only have one follower and follow about 10, and only 6 connections/friends.
Oh I see....that would make sense. 
I will try this and see what it does.
Thank you!
Stay safe!