• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
New JK Crashes just after startup on Windows 7
I've just installed the latest JK 1.0.3876 on my Windows 7 SP1 laptop. It installed fine and starts up fine and seems to work briefly but whatever I do after about 10 seconds it crashes with the following:
Problem Event Name: APPCRASH
  Application Name: JamKazam.exe
  Application Version: 1.0.0.0
  Application Timestamp: 5f72098b
  Fault Module Name: Qt5Core.dll
  Fault Module Version: 5.5.1.0
  Fault Module Timestamp: 561c0609
  Exception Code: c0000005
  Exception Offset: 0015abd1
  OS Version: 6.1.7601.2.1.0.256.48
  Locale ID: 2057
  Additional Information 1: 0a9e
  Additional Information 2: 0a9e372d3b4ad19135b953a78882e789
  Additional Information 3: 0a9e
  Additional Information 4: 0a9e372d3b4ad19135b953a78882e789

The previous version I had installed, 1.0.3700 didn't have this problem.
I have a similar issue with 1.0.3876 and Windows 10. I temporarily resolved the crash on start up or crash shortly after start up by disconnecting my M-Audio Axiom 49 USB MIDI controller.
(10-01-2020, 07:03 AM)drp1098@hotmail.com Wrote: I have a similar issue with 1.0.3876 and Windows 10. I temporarily resolved the crash on start up or crash shortly after start up by disconnecting my M-Audio Axiom 49 USB MIDI controller.
Thanks for the reply. I've disconnected everything from my laptop and still the same issue. :-(
>>>
Did you check if there are any (parts of) older/different audio drivers left on your system? Other than the ones your current audio interface/sound card needs?

Did you remove - physically and software/drivers - your audio gear from Jamkazam & your system? (than reconnect/reinstall and start fresh)

Jamkazam is under constant development and as we were explained (per the recent email) not all testing can be done 'in the lab' and some has to come from the field/users. This can be annoying but sofar I've (we) been able to make due with what was offered to us (for free). Mind you, my primary (only) use is to be able to play live/real time with my band mates in these difficult times. I understand that that was the main focus behind the development of Jamkazam.
(09-30-2020, 10:45 PM)Hutchinscruff So, if you only open Jamkazam and do nothing else, does it crash after 10 minutes?  Have you tried stopping all other programs - ie: any anti-virus programs, etc.?  Bring up your task manager & see if there are any clues there- ie: memory issues, etc. Wrote: I've just installed the latest JK 1.0.3876 on my Windows 7 SP1 laptop. It installed fine and starts up fine and seems to work briefly but whatever I do after about 10 seconds it crashes with the following:

(10-01-2020, 09:19 AM)Hutchinscruff Wrote:
(10-01-2020, 07:03 AM)drp1098@hotmail.com Wrote: I have a similar issue with 1.0.3876 and Windows 10. I temporarily resolved the crash on start up or crash shortly after start up by disconnecting my M-Audio Axiom 49 USB MIDI controller.
Thanks for the reply. I've disconnected everything from my laptop and still the same issue. :-(
I managed to solve it by opening powershell and running wsreset.exe.
I'm getting a similar error on Windows 10, it crashes within about 20 seconds before it finishes loading, about five seconds after the large icon watermarks appear.

Windows Event Viewer brings this up:

Faulting module name: Qt5Core.dll, version: 5.5.1.0, time stamp: 0x561c0609

I tried opening Powershell and running wsreset.exe but it's made no difference.

I've noticed that despite saying it's a 64bit app, JamKazam installs into the "Program Files (x86)" folder.

Has anybody else overcome this and got Jamkazam working?
Did you open powershell as an administrator?

(10-03-2020, 12:27 PM)brettchoir Wrote: I'm getting a similar error on Windows 10, it crashes within about 20 seconds before it finishes loading, about five seconds after the large icon watermarks appear.

I've noticed that despite saying it's a 64bit app, JamKazam installs into the "Program Files (x86)" folder.

(10-03-2020, 05:29 PM)RodolfoH Wrote: Did you open powershell as an administrator?

(10-03-2020, 12:27 PM)brettchoir Wrote: I'm getting a similar error on Windows 10, it crashes within about 20 seconds before it finishes loading, about five seconds after the large icon watermarks appear.

Welcome to the Microsoft Community.
Regarding your question, to be assertive, does this behavior occur only with one application or with everyone?
What version of Windows 10 is currently installed?
What is the make and model of your equipment?
To see the version (build) of Windows 10 installed, press the Windows + R keys to open Run, type winver and click OK.
For a first moment I suggest you to perform the procedures below. Remember to test the behavior at the end of each step.

Step 1 First I suggest that you go to the website of your equipment manufacturer and by model, download and install all drivers compatible with Windows 10 or the latest ones such as the video card, network card, USB, chipset, Bios.

Step 2 Run Fix it (automatic correction tool) to fix application problems using the link below: http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windo...ndows-apps . Then clear the Store cache by following the steps below: Simultaneously click on the Windows + X keys; In the options that appear, click on Command Prompt (Admin); At the Command Prompt screen, type wsreset.exe and press Enter; Restart the computer.

Step 3 Disable all third-party programs, that is, a Clean Startup, to see if any of the programs installed on your computer may be causing this behavior. To clean boot, follow the steps below: On the Desktop, simultaneously press the Windows + R keys to open Run; In Run type MSCONFIG and click OK to open the System Configuration; On the Services tab, check the option Hide all Microsoft services and click Disable All; Click Apply and OK; Restart the computer.

NOTE: This procedure disables all third party services and programs. You can later, if the problem is solved in this way, selectively enable the programs and services that will start with Windows, instead of keeping all disabled. If the problem returns after activating the startup of a specific service or program, the problem is exactly in the startup of this software and it is recommended to remove it.

Step 4 Run the DISM Command that performs Windows Image Management and Maintenance using the steps below: Type CMD in the search bar; Right-click Command Prompt and click Run as administrator; On the Command Prompt screen, type the commands below in the order presented: Command: DISM / Online / Cleanup-Image / ScanHealth (enter) Command: DISM / Online / Cleanup-Image / RestoreHealth (enter)

Step 5 If not resolved , create a new user account and check the behavior. To create a new account, follow the steps below: Press the Windows + R keys simultaneously to open Run; In the run type control userpasswords2 and click OK; Click the Add box; Select the option Do not connect to a Microsoft account; Choose a name and password for this profile after that proceed between the next steps; After creating the new profile on the User Accounts screen, select the new account and click on the property box; In the Group Member$p tab, mark the profile as administrator and click on Ok. Access the new profile and see if the behavior persists. If the behavior persists, please post here again. We are available. If this information was helpful, mark it as an answer. See you! Valéria Campos Community Moderator
(10-03-2020, 05:29 PM)RodolfoH Wrote: Did you open powershell as an administrator?

Yes, I did.
(10-01-2020, 11:10 PM)The crash happens when I open JK and let it start up and just wait for 10-20s. If I try and do something it all works but I\ve only got 10-20 before it crashes. If in that time I manage to log off, then next time it starts up it doesn't crash. Well, to be precise, it only crashes when I close it down again. But obviously that's not much use to me. Wrote:
(09-30-2020, 10:45 PM)Hutchinscruff So, if you only open Jamkazam and do nothing else, does it crash after 10 minutes?  Have you tried stopping all other programs - ie: any anti-virus programs, etc.?  Bring up your task manager & see if there are any clues there- ie: memory issues, etc. Wrote: I've just installed the latest JK 1.0.3876 on my Windows 7 SP1 laptop. It installed fine and starts up fine and seems to work briefly but whatever I do after about 10 seconds it crashes with the following:

Latest update:

As suggested, I uninstalled the drivers for my Scarlett 2i2 and reinstalled them and now it's a lot more stable. It has still crashed a couple of times, but if I run nothing else on the machine it's seems to be reasonably stable.