• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
No Audio (most of the time) in sessions
(05-26-2020, 05:46 PM)Dimitri Muskens Wrote:
(05-26-2020, 05:20 PM)vdrums Wrote: Thanks.  I've tried all the suggestions with no luck.  May try to see if my provider allows me to use a third party modem/router.  Unfortunately, seems all the firmware updates for this device are controlled by the ISP.  This is an ARRIS TG2472G device which handles VoIP and Internet.

I've never had any other issues with the router itself and have configured port forwarding (with ranges) for other apps.  Conferencing, streaming, etc., all work pretty well.

I wish JamKazam errors were a little more helpful to indicate where things might be breaking down or having a working network test that could help.  They just don't give much meaningful diagnostic info to go on.

It's odd that for random sessions, it works fine but most simply fail with No Audio.  I wish I had some way to understand how the working ones were any different from the failing ones.  Gotta be some kind of network fluke or config problem.
>>>
Do you have by any chance IPv6 enabled on your router, on your computer and in JamKazam?
If so, please disable any instance - also in JKZ - it does not do well (yet)
You could even have a DS-Lite tunnel to give you IPv4 through IPv6. This gives the same sort of errors.

NB - using UPnP - and - port forwarding is not bringing anything. Just pick one method.

>> IP6 is disabled on both my router and PC.  I have tried with no port forwarding, but I haven't tried disabling UPnP and just using port forwarding.  I'll give that a shot.  Thank you.

Messages In This Thread
RE: No Audio (most of the time) in sessions - by vdrums - 05-26-2020, 06:17 PM