• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Echo on sound
Hi,

I have just set this up and dived into my first online session.  Quality of sound seemed OK but I was getting an echo on my bass - just one repeat, not a fading echo.

My traffic lights were all green apart from latency which was yellow and saying 11.4ms.  Is that what I'm hearing, the difference between me playing the note and hearing it come back 11.4ms later or something else?

Any ideas for improving it would be great.  I'm using a wired ethernet connection snd running a Behringer UMC202HD on a mac and so don't seem to have much scope for tweaking latency.

thx
It sounds like you're hearing the direct signal and the return audio. Make sure you're not direct monitoring - the button on the interface needs to be out not pressed in. What are you listening through? Is there a direct signal to speakers and return to headphones or something similar?
(05-22-2020, 09:55 AM)mark@butterill.plus.com Wrote: It sounds like you're hearing the direct signal and the return audio. Make sure you're not direct monitoring - the button on the interface needs to be out not pressed in. What are you listening through? Is there a direct signal to speakers and return to headphones or something similar?

Thanks Mark,

I did have direct monitoring turned off on the Behringer but my Mac's sounds is routed back through the Behringer as well so maybe that might explain it?  I'll need to find another session to get into to try it.  The other guy on the session I was in this morning said that he could hear the echo as well which might suggest it isn't just a monitoring issues at my end.  I'll give it another go this afternoon and comment back.
HI again, yes it seems to be the direct output from my mac going through the Behringer that caused the issue and its now working. Thanks for the help Mark.