• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Push to talk for the E-Drummers
Hey,
I alway have trouble with the Chat-Mic and the Edrums hitting noices. An optional Push-to-Talk function on the spacebar for a specific trac would be amazing so my jam colleques wont have to listen to all the Click Click. Big Grin 
Otherwise i just love whats happening to the software in the last months. Big Grin
I think this is a great idea. I would assume since you stated "Chat-Mic", you are not setting up a real audio channel with a microphone into a channel on your audio interface. If you did configure an audio channel, you could add a 32-bit VST Noise Gate, such as GGate: https://www.gvst.co.uk/dl/GGateWin32.zip (Windows), and set the threshold really high.
Actually its a dynamic mic connected as a "singing mic". To be honest I never really got the difference between chat mic and singing mic, i guess the chat mic is not on recordings?
You are right a gate would be an alternative but i would love to use my condenser mic for natural talking between the tracks instead of the dynamic mic right in front of my face so a Push to talk would be ideal. Big Grin
Our drummer uses a head mic, can't hear any clicks on his Roland TD at all. I guess I might hear him panting after a good hard rehearsal though!
(05-21-2020, 02:39 PM)Compycash Wrote: Hey,
I alway have trouble with the Chat-Mic and the Edrums hitting noices. An optional Push-to-Talk function on the spacebar for a specific trac would be amazing so my jam colleques wont have to listen to all the Click Click. Big Grin 
Otherwise i just love whats happening to the software in the last months. Big Grin

Some mics have off/ on switches on them. 
I would also encourage a Push-To-Talk. I use keyboards w a headphone, but having an open mic all the time isn't great in general.