• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Lowest Latency AI for Mac OS 10.15
Dimitri,
Thanks again.

Yes, 100% on your comment (re: "say over around 30ms (be it latency/jitter), then gaining 4ms on your eqpt is not going to be walhalla."). 

In my case, I think I am borderline on the 20-25ms overall latency (and this is using internet fiber connection).  My problem is that when using MAC, I get stable equipment (no HW jitter but on the 8-11ms HW latency range), but this  pushes me over the magic 25ms total with connected local JK members (my band).  On windows I can get down to 4-5ms overall HW latency using old equipment, which is good and puts me on the safe overall latency range, but the jitter is all over the place, it is not stable, hence looking for new equipment.

My options are the Focusrite 2i2 or 4i4, the Steinberg UR22mkii or UR22C. 

The UR22C is the one reported on the list of good interfaces in the forum with an excellent good latency in Windows (~4ms) and a good price point.  I haven't found any numbers for the UR22mkii (which is USB2.0) on the forum, hence I was trying to dig for information from people using similar setups/interfaces and USB 2.0.

Thanks for all the help and support guys.  This group rocks!

Messages In This Thread
Lowest Latency AI for Mac OS 10.15 - by jimship - 05-21-2020, 08:07 AM
RE: Lowest Latency AI for Mac OS 10.15 - by ebenedito - 10-27-2020, 03:02 PM