• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
ASIO4All Problem
Has anybody a positiv experience with ASIO4All device? I cant use it. I get only 'NoLatency' in the device check. Do I something wrong?

Regards Stefan Smile
(04-01-2020, 02:58 PM)Suedseele Wrote: Has anybody a positiv experience with ASIO4All device? I cant use it. I get only 'NoLatency' in the device check. Do I something wrong?

Regards Stefan Smile
ASIO for all is kludge to make WDM devices appear to campatible with ASIO driver interface. The problem is that it has lots of IO jitter and therefore does not work well for low-latency. Anyone serious about playing virtually real-time low-latency, should get audio interface that natively has ASIO driver (other than Focusrite - it usually works well), or WDM_KS (kernel Streaming) driver. For Macs, usually no special driver is needed, but some audio gear do have CoreAudio optimized driver. 

One more thing, with ASIO for all, you do not know the real IO latency of the device. This is the same for WASAPI or DirectSound based audio interfaces (used with builtin mics and headphones). That is why we cannot report the actual latency from those devices.
(04-01-2020, 10:19 PM)I got the behringer 202 as suggested, and in setup it had borderline latency, and then something died and now the instructional videos all say "audio renderer error." So I went to the Behringer site to download the driver, and asio4all was all there was.  Not impressed just yet.jamjam Wrote:
(04-01-2020, 02:58 PM)Suedseele Wrote: Has anybody a positiv experience with ASIO4All device? I cant use it. I get only 'NoLatency' in the device check. Do I something wrong?

Regards Stefan Smile
ASIO for all is kludge to make WDM devices appear to campatible with ASIO driver interface. The problem is that it has lots of IO jitter and therefore does not work well for low-latency. Anyone serious about playing virtually real-time low-latency, should get audio interface that natively has ASIO driver (other than Focusrite - it usually works well), or WDM_KS (kernel Streaming) driver. For Macs, usually no special driver is needed, but some audio gear do have CoreAudio optimized driver. 

One more thing, with ASIO for all, you do not know the real IO latency of the device. This is the same for WASAPI or DirectSound based audio interfaces (used with builtin mics and headphones). That is why we cannot report the actual latency from those devices.
(04-01-2020, 10:19 PM)jamjam Wrote:

Regards Stefan Smile

Hi jamjam,
thanks for the explanation. But I wonder how they run the Behringer device in the official YouTube video https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ylYcvTY9CVo
I can't find the ASIO driver for the device. They always recommend ASIO4all.
There is a specific ASIO driver for the UMC202HD, i.e. version 4.59 for Win10.

Try that one. I think it works with all Behringer UMC audio interfaces?
This seems alright:

Installing and Using ASIO4ALL for Windows >

https://www.sweetwater.com/sweetcare/art...r-windows/
where to download asio for windows 10
(01-19-2021, 02:52 AM)sporter323 Wrote: where to download asio for windows 10

>>>
Now, type exactly the same question into google ...