• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
recommended low latency low cost audio interfaces
Some experiences in just setting up our band might be useful. The cheap Behringer interfaces (UMC202HD as an example) are excellent on Windows but be careful to install the driver on the Behringer website for Win 7 to Win 10 if you're on Win 10. My bandmate installed another (for some reason they list 3 or 4 drivers) and it was hopeless. The correct driver will give 4msec audio latency. For my Mac I started with the Behringer but couldn't get lower than 11.9msec latency so i got a Focusrite Scarlett 2i2 and installed their own low latency driver. That got me to 8msec. With that our band got a workable overall latency of 28msc.

Now here's the big tip - as long as your processor can handle it go to Manage / Audio Settings / Audio Booster and change the Frame Size parameter to 1 msec. You have to be in a session to be able to change. That really revolutionises the latency, with three of us playing it's like we're in the same room. We'll be trying with 4 of us later today; the full band is 6 of us so we're coming on board one at a time.

By the way we're finding that we need to keep video off as it soaks up the bandwidth too much

Hope this helps

Messages In This Thread
RE: recommended low latency low cost audio interfaces - by mark@butterill.plus.com - 05-24-2020, 10:41 AM