• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
recommended low latency low cost audio interfaces
(04-01-2020, 12:13 AM)Toracat Wrote: I'm helping a friend figure out what audio interface to get to use with Jamkazam. Budget is always a concern. It seems like the interfaces I'm seeing recommended are legacy gear now (e.g., Steinberg CI1 and Behringer UMC202). Would you recommend any currently manufactured interfaces? I'm using a K-mix (https://www.keithmcmillen.com/products/k-mix/) or my Zoom H6, both of which are in the "yellow" ranger in terms of latency. Thank you! 

BTW, if there's a list of recommended interfaces, I apologize for posting. I haven't found it yet.
Hi Toracat! I'm brand spanking new to JamKazam and have only made some test recordings so far. I bought a Focusrite Scarlett Solo audio Interface with 2 in, 2 out, and headphone jack capable of "Direct Monitoring", for $110 on Amazon. I've been jamming with friends over Zoom and the latency is a problem despite optimizing our Zoom settings for music collaboration. Zoom is a freaking mess for live jamming! The microphone in Zoom constantly switches back and forth from one player to the other depending on who's playing the loudest. I found that adding the Solo audio interface improved the Zoom experience tremendously, but it's not ever going to get there. We hope to be using JK very soon!

BTW...Focusrite makes a whole line up of audio interfaces with more I/O, etc.

Messages In This Thread
RE: recommended low latency low cost audio interfaces - by Chieffan1 - 05-24-2020, 04:01 AM