• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Compatibility with DS-lite
(05-23-2020, 06:09 AM)Chatmax Wrote: I had read that in the future ipv4 will only be available to the business world.
If the providers switch to DS-Lite, whereby only ipv6 is available then we have no public ipv4.
Reason: ipv4 addresses have become scarce and are therefore only accessible to the business world.
That means:
No one, or only a few, will be able to play music via JamKazam, since the lack of public ipv4 (DS-Lite only uses ipv6)
means that audio can no longer be transmitted to the routers via ports 12000-12010.
Maybe JamKazam has a future solution over ipv6?
My guitarist and I still have ipv4, but we can't make music with our drummer since he now has DS-Lite with ipv6. (Vodafone)
Too bad.
>>>
There's a post on these pages describing this very issue.
That user contacted his ISP and had his DS-Lite tunnel switched off going back to IPv4 only.
"took only minutes and was free of charge" - he reported.
Maybe your drummer can do the same?

(05-23-2020, 09:33 AM)Dimitri Muskens Wrote:
(05-23-2020, 06:09 AM)Chatmax Wrote: I had read that in the future ipv4 will only be available to the business world.
If the providers switch to DS-Lite, whereby only ipv6 is available then we have no public ipv4.
Reason: ipv4 addresses have become scarce and are therefore only accessible to the business world.
That means:
No one, or only a few, will be able to play music via JamKazam, since the lack of public ipv4 (DS-Lite only uses ipv6)
means that audio can no longer be transmitted to the routers via ports 12000-12010.
Maybe JamKazam has a future solution over ipv6?
My guitarist and I still have ipv4, but we can't make music with our drummer since he now has DS-Lite with ipv6. (Vodafone)
Too bad.
>>>
There's a post on these pages describing this very issue.
That user contacted his ISP and had his DS-Lite tunnel switched off going back to IPv4 only.
"took only minutes and was free of charge" - he reported.
Maybe your drummer can do the same?

>>>
Found it:

https://forum.jamkazam.com/showthread.ph...light=IPv6

Messages In This Thread
Compatibility with DS-lite - by jamaster - 05-12-2020, 07:58 AM
RE: Compatibility with DS-lite - by Chatmax - 05-23-2020, 06:09 AM
RE: Compatibility with DS-lite - by Dimitri Muskens - 05-23-2020, 09:33 AM
RE: Compatibility with DS-lite - by Chatmax - 05-23-2020, 01:06 PM