• 3 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Font Size VERY TINY
I know older programs have issues with font size. 
Is there any setting anywhere where jamkazam's font size could be increased?
Any hacks out there? I'd appreciate it. I am using a 2015 Surface Pro.
Cindy
(03-28-2020, 05:21 PM)csemrau Wrote: I know older programs have issues with font size. 
Cindy

I have the same issue on a new Windows 10 ASUS laptop.  It's unreadable and renders the app unusable.
Use Crtl and (+) or (-) to change font size (for Windows)
(03-28-2020, 10:38 PM)Hans Peter Augustesen Wrote: Use Ctrl-+/- to change font size (for Windows)

I tried that method, it doesn't actually change the font size as much as zooms the page.  Either way, the change threw the rest of the page functionality out of proportion and you couldn't see what to click on or how to operate the page as icons and drop menus were out of proportion and stepping on one another.  Need a different solution.
(03-28-2020, 05:21 PM)csemrau Wrote: I know older programs have issues with font size. 
Cindy
A bit extreme, but maybe try reducing the screen resolution ... ?
(03-29-2020, 12:45 AM)Stuart Wrote:
(03-28-2020, 10:38 PM)Hans Peter Augustesen Wrote: Use Ctrl-+/- to change font size (for Windows)

I tried that method, it doesn't actually change the font size as much as zooms the page.  Either way, the change threw the rest of the page functionality out of proportion and you couldn't see what to click on or how to operate the page as icons and drop menus were out of proportion and stepping on one another.  Need a different solution.
Yes, you are right - different solution
Cindy
You may need to set the scaling for the JamKazam program if you are using a high DPI display on Win 10. 

Step 1) Press the windows Key to bring up the programs list; scroll down to JamKazam and RIGHT click on the program name (you may have to open the JamKazam folder); a menu will pop out to the right; select 'more...> Open File Location'.  This will take you to where the JamKazam program is downloaded.

Step 2) RIGHT click on the file JamKazam; a menu will pop up on the left - select 'Properties' at the bottom of the menu;  this will pop up a new window; select the 'Compatibility' tab at the top of the window; at the bottom of that window select 'Change high DPI settings'; at the bottom of the new window enable 'Override high DPI scaling behavior'; use the drop-down list below that to select ,System (Enhanced)'; select OK; select Apply.

Step 3) Run JamKazam and it should open with the correct scaling.  You must close and reopen JamKazam for this to take effect.

This process will work for almost any program with small fonts on high DPI displays using Windows 10.
Thanks, great info!
Does not work for Jamkazam by changing the compatibility mode. I have had it work in other programs but not this one. The manage drop down menu is fine, but anything else, whether on the right side, or something that appears in the middle of the screen is too small!! The company needs to fix this!!
Angry Angry Angry Angry

(03-28-2020, 10:38 PM)Hans Peter Augustesen Wrote: Use Crtl and (+) or (-) to change font size (for Windows)
Does not work well. It scales the fonts, etc so that cover over each other. The manage drop down menu works great, but the rest is terrible and really unusable.
(04-02-2020, 02:01 AM)Bob K Wrote: Step 1) Press the windows Key to bring up the programs list; scroll down to JamKazam and RIGHT click on the program name (you may have to open the JamKazam folder); a menu will pop out to the right; select 'more...> Open File Location'.  This will take you to where the JamKazam program is downloaded.

Step 2) RIGHT click on the file JamKazam; a menu will pop up on the left - select 'Properties' at the bottom of the menu;  this will pop up a new window; select the 'Compatibility' tab at the top of the window; at the bottom of that window select 'Change high DPI settings'; at the bottom of the new window enable 'Override high DPI scaling behavior'; use the drop-down list below that to select ,System (Enhanced)'; select OK; select Apply.

Step 3) Run JamKazam and it should open with the correct scaling.  You must close and reopen JamKazam for this to take effect.

This process will work for almost any program with small fonts on high DPI displays using Windows 10.

I too was frustrated with the extremely small font size in Windows 10, and ended up happening upon a fix very similar to these steps above.  However, on the Compatability/Change high DPI settings page, I have one additional checkbox that is checked:  "Use this setting to fix scaling problems for this program instead of the one in Settings".