• 3 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Font Size VERY TINY
I almost did not bother using jamkazam because of the app font size.  Since every WinOS before Win 10 is now officially unsupported, I have to believe most new Win users will run into this "fonts conundrum" on Win10.

Suggest you include these instructions on the website page for the Win app download.
(04-02-2020, 02:01 AM)Bob K Wrote:
(03-28-2020, 05:21 PM)csemrau Wrote: I know older programs have issues with font size. 
Is there any setting anywhere where jamkazam's font size could be increased?
Any hacks out there? I'd appreciate it. I am using a 2015 Surface Pro.
Cindy

Step 2) RIGHT click on the file JamKazam; a menu will pop up on the left - select 'Properties' at the bottom of the menu;  this will pop up a new window; select the 'Compatibility' tab at the top of the window; at the bottom of that window select 'Change high DPI settings'; at the bottom of the new window enable 'Override high DPI scaling behavior'; use the drop-down list below that to select ,System (Enhanced)'; select OK; select Apply.

I'm using Windows 10 but when I right-click on the JamKazam file there is no "properties" option listed in the menu...going to "more" doesn't shows anything where I can adjust/change settings either. For now I'm just using ctrl + but sounds like that probably isn't going to work either. Frustrated there isn't any settings for this within the app itself. Not the initiation I was hoping for...just installed this and have yet to use it. It's not looking good.
(04-02-2020, 02:01 AM)THANK YOU BOB K - This worked for my problem as well.Bob K Wrote:
(03-28-2020, 05:21 PM)csemrau Wrote: I know older programs have issues with font size. 
Is there any setting anywhere where jamkazam's font size could be increased?
Any hacks out there? I'd appreciate it. I am using a 2015 Surface Pro.
Cindy
You may need to set the scaling for the JamKazam program if you are using a high DPI display on Win 10. 

Step 1) Press the windows Key to bring up the programs list; scroll down to JamKazam and RIGHT click on the program name (you may have to open the JamKazam folder); a menu will pop out to the right; select 'more...> Open File Location'.  This will take you to where the JamKazam program is downloaded.

Step 2) RIGHT click on the file JamKazam; a menu will pop up on the left - select 'Properties' at the bottom of the menu;  this will pop up a new window; select the 'Compatibility' tab at the top of the window; at the bottom of that window select 'Change high DPI settings'; at the bottom of the new window enable 'Override high DPI scaling behavior'; use the drop-down list below that to select ,System (Enhanced)'; select OK; select Apply.

Step 3) Run JamKazam and it should open with the correct scaling.  You must close and reopen JamKazam for this to take effect.

This process will work for almost any program with small fonts on high DPI displays using Windows 10.
Thanks Bob K. Problem solved.
Just in case there are Mac users that want to change Font size. it's Command +/-
(09-15-2020, 12:13 AM)GDJ Wrote: Just in case there are Mac users that want to change Font size. it's Command +/-
Increasing the font size does help a little (I'm on Windows 10).  But it's really a problem of font choice and background color.  As a developer and musician I know this can be a tough choice, but using a very thin (light) font with white on colored background is not great for readability.  Please consider allowing theming change in a future version maybe? or just a choice of a thicker font.  Great product though.  Keep up the good work!