• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Mac won’t open program
My Mac won’t allow me to open program bc the “developer can’t be verified”. Not looking to ignore this with some type of security disabling, but rather have you be registered as a verified developer with Apple. Pls advise.
(03-31-2020, 08:54 PM)fjpucci Wrote: My Mac won’t allow me to open program bc the “developer can’t be verified”. Not looking to ignore this with some type of security disabling, but rather have you be registered as a verified developer with Apple. Pls advise.

I assume you are trying to open the Jamkazam file (shown as its logo with the instrument cable).  Please right click on the file and then click open (first on the list).  It should prompt you to make sure you'd like to open, however, now it'll allow you to click open.
I have a different error. It just crashes immediately and says 'Jamkazam quit unexpectedly'.

There's then a very long error report of which one part says

Application specific information 'Invalid dylib load.Clients should not load the unversioned libcrypto dylib as it does not have a stable ABI'

Not sure if that means anything to anyone?!?
Can´t open on my mac either. It shows the following messages: 
- “JamKazam” is damaged and can’t be opened. You should eject the disk image. 
- “JamKazam” is damaged and can’t be opened. You should move it to the Trash.

Very strange. Someone can help?
(04-04-2020, 03:26 PM)Joel C Wrote: Can´t open on my mac either. It shows the following messages: 

i'm also seeng this problem. I tried running the installer program this morning and get the same error. I'm running OS X El Capitan Version 10.11.6 on a 2011 Intel Core I5 (64 bit)  vintage MacBook Air. Can someone verify that the installer works on this version of MacOS? The installation prereqs says OS X 10.7, 64 bit later is supported.
(04-04-2020, 04:00 PM)GEORGEF@ALUM.MIT.EDU Wrote:
(04-04-2020, 03:26 PM)Joel C Wrote: Can´t open on my mac either. It shows the following messages: 

i'm also seeng this problem. I tried running the installer program this morning and get the same error. I'm running OS X El Capitan Version 10.11.6 on a 2011 Intel Core I5 (64 bit)  vintage MacBook Air. Can someone verify that the installer works on this version of MacOS? The installation prereqs says OS X 10.7, 64 bit later is supported.
i figured it out. the jamkazm installer isn't signed by an Apple trusted developer and it isn't in the app store, so my MacOS security setting disabled the unpacking of the installer image. I tweaked my security setting to enable download from any Internet site, ran the installer, copied the installer into the Applcations folder, started it, acknowledged that I wanted to open it and it opened. I then upped my security setting back to only allowing files downloaded from the app store or trusted developers to be installed.
(04-04-2020, 06:24 PM)GEORGEF@ALUM.MIT.EDU Wrote:
(04-04-2020, 04:00 PM)GEORGEF@ALUM.MIT.EDU Wrote:

i figured it out. the jamkazm installer isn't signed by an Apple trusted developer and it isn't in the app store, so my MacOS security setting disabled the unpacking of the installer image. I tweaked my security setting to enable download from any Internet site, ran the installer, copied the installer into the Applcations folder, started it, acknowledged that I wanted to open it and it opened. I then upped my security setting back to only allowing files downloaded from the app store or trusted developers to be installed.
JK is a Apple approved developer. But in my case the full software of my MacBook needed to be reinstalled. this needed support by the great Apple.  HD.
(03-31-2020, 08:54 PM)fjpucci Wrote: My Mac won’t allow me to open program bc the “developer can’t be verified”. Not looking to ignore this with some type of security disabling, but rather have you be registered as a verified developer with Apple. Pls advise.
I can't open it either-- I get the message "are you sure you want to open it", click yes, then it tries to open and crashes.  Any thoughts?  I've tried Firefox and Safari as browsers, my computer is a decently new MacBook Pro running High Sierra.  Internet has about 2.3 download, similar upload but later in the day will be slower.  Thanks
I found this document regarding Mac app won’t open
https://appuals.com/damaged-app-cannot-b...cos-error/