• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Reset Audio Settings Command
A few friends of mine tried but failed setup Audio Cards In/Out ports. At least one friend is unable to make changes to these wrong settings and is stuck.  My question is this:
Does the 'Reset Audio Setting' command clears JK settings as if starting anew?
i.e. is this a good way to reset any incorrect audio card settings?

This command is under:  Manage / Audio Settings / configuration / Reset Audio Settings
(05-10-2020, 12:11 AM)Lex Music Wrote: A few friends of mine tried but failed setup Audio Cards In/Out ports. At least one friend is unable to make changes to these wrong settings and is stuck.  My question is this:

This command is under:  Manage / Audio Settings / configuration / Reset Audio Settings
>>>
Yes, it does. If nothing else works.

You could also delete the gear config you made that doesn't seem to work and then add new gear and start over.
(05-10-2020, 12:24 AM)Dimitri Muskens Wrote:
(05-10-2020, 12:11 AM)Lex Music Wrote: A few friends of mine tried but failed setup Audio Cards In/Out ports. At least one friend is unable to make changes to these wrong settings and is stuck.  My question is this:

>>>

You could also delete the gear config you made that doesn't seem to work and then add new gear and start over.
Thank Dimitri, I'll pass it on.
My friend could not delete previously set up audio (something to do with assigning more then one output to the soundcard channels). Hopefully this 'reset' will do the trick.Thanks again.
(05-10-2020, 08:22 AM)Lex Music Wrote:
(05-10-2020, 12:24 AM)Dimitri Muskens Wrote:

>>>

Thank Dimitri, I'll pass it on.
My friend could not delete previously set up audio (something to do with assigning more then one output to the soundcard channels). Hopefully this 'reset' will do the trick.Thanks again.

>>>
"(something to do with assigning more then one output to the soundcard channels)."

That is easily remedied by going back into the setup and on the output side scroll through the available channels and make sure only '2' are selected.
You can actually select only 2. If you want to use different ones than the program defaults to, you have to uncheck those first before you can select others.
D./
Thanks again.
I've passed it on. Hopefully we'll have a new J-K user today!