• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
New Client Fails with Previously Working Gear Config
Is anyone else having trouble with Build 1.20 1.0.3714 not working with a gear configuration that worked a week ago, or even a day ago?

I've seen this twice today with two friends of mine. They updated to the latest version, and JamKazam reports that their output devices are not working. Both friends are using a USB connection to PC with WDM driver, and in both cases the output devices are in fact working. One is using an M-Audio 192|4 interface that worked a week ago, the other is using an old Line 6 GuitarPort that worked yesterday.

I am plugged directly into a PC line-in jack from PA tape out, and using ASIO4ALL. I did not have this problem after updating to the latest client.

It would useful to have the option of reverting back to an older client version, if it doesn't work it's my problem but at least I'd have the option.
yeah i been having issues too, i recently updated the client on one of my desktops now i cant even use it.. tried uninstalling but now can reinstall keeps giving an error. but at least i have it on my other pc still working but still gear issues.
I was able to reinstall but wont work with my Edirol interface which worked before update so i totally agree with being able to install an older version that worked but therein lies a bigger problem... you cant go having everyone running all different clients which would cause incompatibilities and so forth but having a stable version would be nice we just have to wait and be patient and if able donate towards development and whatnot ... or at least share the link to all family, friends, and fellow coworkers or just everyone you meet every day... sorry got sidetracked but yea same here though, been having trouble too
same issue here.  pretty much makes the program useless now.  hope it gets fixed soon.
(05-10-2020, 02:24 PM)matjoblo Wrote: same issue here.  pretty much makes the program useless now.  hope it gets fixed soon.
I've been helping one of my friends with his setup remotely through VNC. We wound up deleting the gear config, uninstalling the JamKazam client, disconnecting the GuitarPort, uninstalling and reinstalling the Line 6 GuitarPort drivers, reconnecting the GuitarPort (Windows finds a new device), reinstalling the client and recreating the gear config. That got him back to working. This was last Friday afternoon, May 8 2020, with a basic WDM gear config that was working Thursday afternoon.

We first tried deleting the gear config, uninstalling/reinstalling the client and recreating the gear config, but ran into the same issue with JamKazam reporting that the Line 6 output device was not working during the add new gear process. We had to uninstall/reinstall the audio device to recover.
(05-10-2020, 04:30 PM)MattBarr Wrote:
(05-10-2020, 02:24 PM)matjoblo Wrote: same issue here.  pretty much makes the program useless now.  hope it gets fixed soon.
I've been helping one of my friends with his setup remotely through VNC. We wound up deleting the gear config, uninstalling the JamKazam client, disconnecting the GuitarPort, uninstalling and reinstalling the Line 6 GuitarPort drivers, reconnecting the GuitarPort (Windows finds a new device), reinstalling the client and recreating the gear config. That got him back to working. This was last Friday afternoon, May 8 2020, with a basic WDM gear config that was working Thursday afternoon.

We first tried deleting the gear config, uninstalling/reinstalling the client and recreating the gear config, but ran into the same issue with JamKazam reporting that the Line 6 output device was not working during the add new gear process. We had to uninstall/reinstall the audio device to recover.
i'll give it a shot when i get a minute.  using a Behringer UCA-222, which worked perfectly first couple times.  Then noticed some updates to jamkazam and it just stopped working, giving weird output errors and sample rate issues.
I must say that as a strong supporter and advocate on this forum in recent weeks, I am getting pretty frustrated with the JamKazam Windows client. I too am having to uninstall the client, which, by the way, does NOT completely remove the previous configurations. I even cleaned the Windows registry of all JK references. I stopped short of removing the ASIO driver for my last good working audio interface, as I use it for other audio applications, but after reinstalling the client, I am still stuck without a working audio config in JK. I guess I am forced to take this drastic step if I have any hope of JK working again, on a machine where 6 months ago it supported 5 tracks of audio & midi VSTi without a glitch. No other Windows audio app would dare to require the removal and reconfigure of the audio interface "Need a new tennis racket? Step 1: cut off your hand and grow a new one..."
In my opinion, the JK Team's ONLY priority is to develop a stable working software client, one that doesn't hang in "(Not Responding)" state after every mouse click, and crashes every other click. The rush to roll out 3 client updates in as many weeks has caused more harm than good, especially to those of us who have been around since before the pandemic. At this point I cannot recommend this platform to even the most patient of musicians. Focus on the basics, folks, and help your existing client base stay connected and thru your product evolution (or better yet, maintain compatibility thru your lifecycle), or you will lose us all, old guard and newcomers alike...