• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Mac user with AudioBox iTwo
Is anyone out there successfully running a PreSonus AudioBox iTwo with a Mac?
Hi, Doug! See if anything in this post helps.
Kevin
(05-10-2020, 05:39 PM)kkriner@gmail.com Wrote: Hi, Doug! See if anything in this post helps.
Kevin, thanks for your reply. I have read that post and not sure it applies. I posted this a few days ago:

I have a friend on a Mac using an Audio Box ITwo. He hears me but I don't hear him. When he talks or plays, his meters do not move for either of his tracks, voice or bass guitar. When he uses his DAW, Studio One, the ITwo is recognized and can record and play back. Any help would be appreciated. 

So it's puzzling that the DAW hears him but not JK? I'm wondering if it's a router issue? When in a solo JK session, does the sound pass through the router/modem to JK servers and back? Let me know if you have any suggestions I might try to get him working.  Thanks, Doug
Session sound never goes to JK servers in any session, its all peer to peer. When in a solo session, the sound only loops through the JK software itself - I don't think it touches the network at all (I need to whip out wireshark to verify one of these days). If he can't hear himself in a solo session, there is something configured wrong in his interface or OS settings, or JK software. Maybe check this thread/post: https://forum.jamkazam.com/showthread.ph...769#pid769
I have this working w/ AudioBox i2 and mac. headphones from AudioBox. I can hear both ways. See if he has selected the AudioBox as input and output on the mac.

System Preferences > sound > .. Then see if AudioBox can be selected for input and output. NOTE: AudioBox must be attached to mac for it to be recognized and selectable
(05-11-2020, 06:30 PM)marhdeth Wrote: Session sound never goes to JK servers in any session, its all peer to peer. When in a solo session, the sound only loops through the JK software itself - I don't think it touches the network at all (I need to whip out wireshark to verify one of these days). If he can't hear himself in a solo session, there is something configured wrong in his interface or OS settings, or JK software. Maybe check this thread/post: https://forum.jamkazam.com/showthread.ph...769#pid769

Thanks marhdeth - that link got me this from xuplummer and fixed the problem: I am happy to report that I took the advice of others on this forum and it worked.  Even though I hook up to my Mac via USB from my audio interface, i still needed to allow the Microphone option on my Mac "access".  You do this by going to Security and Privacy.  Go to Privacy - select Microphone, then make sure Jamkazam is checked.... that's it!