• 1 Vote(s) - 4 Average
recording levels too low
I have my gear successfully profiled and can jam with others in real time fine with hearing myself and others well. Problem is when using the "record" feature the levels of our instruments are very faint on playback. Same is true when recording while using Jamtracks, the Jamtrack instruments are recorded loud and clear but the live instruments are very faint.  The input meters of the live instruments are at 3 greens(right below red) which are the same levels the instruments in the jam tracks are showing. Even raising the volumes of the live instruments input to jamkazam to top of the meter in red still produces same faint recorded level playback. Thanks for any assistance.
I think this is the same issue I posted earlier today. What type of audio gear are you using?
Kemper profiler into a M-Audio delta 44 and Windows 10. Would seem to be an issue with jamkazam since the jamkazam tracks and my audio are showing the same levels on the meters and sound equal when recording. Its just when playing back the recording the live instruments can barely be heard.
I have also experienced the same issue with recording playback volume? No matter how loud I set my guitar or mic the recording volume remains low.
I did notice that when the Jamkazam internal volume control is set low the recording volume is also lower. Perhaps the volume levels programed into the Jamkazam platform are not set high enough for the recording play back? So this may all be an internal programing issue.

Confused

I heard back from the Jamkazam tech support and they recommended downloading Audacity --which is a free audio recording app--I did download it and the recording playback volume is much better. So try that.
Thanks for the work around idea. I already have audacity on my system so I'll give it a try.
(04-01-2020, 08:37 PM)michael.chadd@gmail.com Wrote: I have also experienced the same issue with recording playback volume? No matter how loud I set my guitar or mic the recording volume remains low.
I did notice that when the Jamkazam internal volume control is set low the recording volume is also lower. Perhaps the volume levels programed into the Jamkazam platform are not set high enough for the recording play back? So this may all be an internal programing issue.

Confused

I heard back from the Jamkazam tech support and they recommended downloading Audacity --which is a free audio recording app--I did download it and the recording playback volume is much better. So try that.
Sounds like a good idea, but how do you get Audacity to record a Jamkazam session?
I have the same issue.
(03-31-2020, 06:24 PM)dutch99 Wrote: I have my gear successfully profiled and can jam with others in real time fine with hearing myself and others well. Problem is when using the "record" feature the levels of our instruments are very faint on playback. Same is true when recording while using Jamtracks, the Jamtrack instruments are recorded loud and clear but the live instruments are very faint.  The input meters of the live instruments are at 3 greens(right below red) which are the same levels the instruments in the jam tracks are showing. Even raising the volumes of the live instruments input to jamkazam to top of the meter in red still produces same faint recorded level playback. Thanks for any assistance.

Try using the audio booster accessed via menu "Manage->Audio Settings ->Audio Booster' 

(04-05-2020, 03:08 AM)jamjam Wrote:
(03-31-2020, 06:24 PM)dutch99 Wrote: I have my gear successfully profiled and can jam with others in real time fine with hearing myself and others well. Problem is when using the "record" feature the levels of our instruments are very faint on playback. Same is true when recording while using Jamtracks, the Jamtrack instruments are recorded loud and clear but the live instruments are very faint.  The input meters of the live instruments are at 3 greens(right below red) which are the same levels the instruments in the jam tracks are showing. Even raising the volumes of the live instruments input to jamkazam to top of the meter in red still produces same faint recorded level playback. Thanks for any assistance.

Try using the audio booster accessed via menu "Manage->Audio Settings ->Audio Booster' 

I tried Audio Booster and none of those had any effect on the record level.  Seems like a problem with the software. There is no way to access the Master levels. The mixer button only takes you to the personal (monitor) mix.
The crucial is to crank up the volume on the audio interface.

All the way up - as long as it is not clipping.

Changes in the "Master mixer" will also affect recordings. In fact "Master Mixer" is determining the whole recording - as a mixer do.

But ALL THE WAY UP, UP, UP ...

By the way, for common information: Ctrl + S h i f t + m is POWER MIXER, useful tool

Notice that the Master Mixer is

DANGEROUS - in the "wrong" hands