• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
No Audio Behringer U-PHORIA UM2
I have a friend who has a problem with a Behringer U-PHORIA UM2 he just bought. He's on a new HP laptop 8GB, AMD processor. "No audio," grayed out comes up for my name on his screen. I can't hear him and vice versa. We've downloaded the drivers from Behringer - both Behringer's and ASIO (we watched the videos.). We disabled the integrated speakers and mic. In config, the ASIO selection issues the error message right away but the CODEC selection sometimes passes the test. Using that selection we establish a session but I am grayed out to him but he's not grayed out to me but on that "green-green-green-red-red" horizontal line of dashes on him he is in the red (on my screen.) In the session we can't hear each other of course and occasionally the "white background" window comes up with that error, the one where they want you to send JK the error in an email. We both hit resync often to no avail. Reboot occasionally. My config is a PS Studio 68c with a Dell XPS/Core I7/16GB and I often have had successful sessions with other players. Before he attached the UM2 we were able to have sessions but the latency was bad. When he sang and I played guitar he would get behind - out-of-sync to the point that it was just futile. We thought an audio interface for him would solve the problem but we've seemed to have gone backwards. Is this a router issue? Why would it work before he attached the UM2, i.e., without an external audio interface? After searching on "no audio" etc. and looking through many forum entries I haven't found the solution. I did discover a log that JamKazam keeps on my machine at C:\Users\Doug called JamKazam_i.log. Lots in there but I noticed, under the "session log data" section, an entry that says "SessionAlert- type:38 msg: (my friend's name) is receiving no audio from you." If I inspected the log on his machine would there be any hint of what the problem might be?  We'd appreciate any help.