• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Problems with latency and jitter
We're having recent latency issues too. It's just not possible to play together. It's gotten gradually worse in the past week or 2. I think it's just traffic now that every musician in the world is using it lol. I have a very good setup, hard wired Ethernet 80mbps down 70mbps up, using apollo twin mkII with 11ms latency on macbook pro. Once i connect the overall latency is 70ms. Used to be like 15-30ms overall.

Anyone have any suggestions? does JK team have a paid option, or are there times of the week that are best to play. ie. low peak times. Etc..

I'll keep trying, and we'll see but others are having the same issue. It's rendered useless at this point.
(04-09-2020, 07:38 PM)TProch Wrote: In a similar place as mentioned at the start of this thread. Still a little too much latency to actually play music together. All band member interfaces (Scarlett Solos) running great (all green... 0 - 3ms latency with <0.5ms jitter). Internet latency and jitter running in the 30 to 50ms range with occasional jumps to bigger numbers (90 to 200ms). Total latency is now predominantly the sum of the three internet numbers. We are all close (within 5 miles) and all on the same ISP. We all have 100mbs download/5mbs upload. Called the ISP tech support yesterday. They are definitely experiencing some bottlenecks with the heavy loads that cv19 has caused, and are working to split some nodes to alleviate the pressure...but no dates. Sad He didn’t think upping our plans to higher upload would help (yet), as the bottlenecks are in the infrastructure, not in our individual service plans. Can’t shove even more data through the same clogged pipe. So we wait.

Last night I was in a session with a guy from NYC (Snake Diamond) who is a JK veteran of four years. He has great success with it with similar latency numbers to ours. His ‘adapt until it gets better’ tip was to have the drummer (only) play faithfully to a click track. Then everyone else follows the drummer. Once you get used to it, the drifting stops because there is a stable timing reference. If the drummer listens too much, he will fall behind and it falls apart. The drummer has the worst listening experience, but everyone else wins. Plan to try this in our next session. Sorry drummers. 😔
I've been using JK for about a month now for weekly rehearsals with my vocal quartet. One thing we've noticed is that using video increases the total latency between us. So, if you can live without video, do that. If you really need it, you can control the video resolution. Go for 1/2 VGA resolution, that will help.
LATENCY, mostly TOTAL LATENCY
https://forum.jamkazam.com/showthread.php?tid=171
Hi....Inertness additionally relies upon the measure of other traffic on every switch (how immersed the specific medium is right now), the preparing rate of every gadget in the chain, the number of different things the PC is doing right now.

The outcome is that a 300 mile actual distance between two significant Internet focuses (express NYC to DC) can without much of a stretch have less inactivity than 50 miles from NYC to Podunk, NY.

I'm doing some stuff presently utilizing VOIP (voice over IP). The real measure of inactivity isn't as basic as the varieties during time.

Having said the entirety of the abovementioned, on the off chance that one needs to arrangement a practice Internet association between individuals, every individual requirements a quick broadband association, quick PC with enough memory, quick technique for handling computerized into simple sound (much the same as playing virtual instruments), and some capacity to bear the unavoidable deferrals (somebody who plays enormous line organs would have it a digit simpler, in light of the fact that they as of now have figured out how to play the lower pedals a cycle before they anticipate that them should really stable).

order pcb
(01-06-2021, 04:47 PM)HakimJacob Wrote: Hi....Inertness additionally relies upon the measure of other traffic on every switch (how immersed the specific medium is right now), the preparing rate of every gadget in the chain, the number of different things the PC is doing right now.

The outcome is that a 300 mile actual distance between two significant Internet focuses (express NYC to DC) can without much of a stretch have less inactivity than 50 miles from NYC to Podunk, NY.

I'm doing some stuff presently utilizing VOIP (voice over IP). The real measure of inactivity isn't as basic as the varieties during time.

Having said the entirety of the abovementioned, on the off chance that one needs to arrangement a practice Internet association between individuals, every individual requirements a quick broadband association, quick PC with enough memory, quick technique for handling computerized into simple sound (much the same as playing virtual instruments), and some capacity to bear the unavoidable deferrals (somebody who plays enormous line organs would have it a digit simpler, in light of the fact that they as of now have figured out how to play the lower pedals a cycle before they anticipate that them should really stable).

>>>
Huh