• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Network Packet loss error saga hopefully solved....
I figure I’d write this here as with much troubleshooting my issue with my Mac was within my WiFi which has always been off but appears to still be producing an IP address causing major issues with Jamkazam.  This appears to have started last Saturday night before the update some Mac users are blaming. There have been some on Mac who have not experienced an issue but unfortunately I as many have.  Dimitri was a great help to work with me to determine that in Terminal we were able to see two IP addresses opening when Jamkazam started.  One via Ethernet and one WiFi.  Even though WiFi was off it was still generating an IP with conflicting ports. Here is my fix and I suggest others try it to see if signing back on with their Mac might attain a good outcome.  Give it a try.....

Go into system preferences, network, select WiFi and then the minus sign. (You can add back if ever needed) I never use WiFi on my Mac as it’s hooked up via Ethernet but the WiFi present was giving me dual IP addresses in my terminal. This got rid of the dual IP in terminal and now I’m not getting packet errors. 
(05-03-2020, 12:37 PM)stevant Wrote: I figure I’d write this here as with much troubleshooting my issue with my Mac was within my WiFi which has always been off but appears to still be producing an IP address causing major issues with Jamkazam.  This appears to have started last Saturday night before the update some Mac users are blaming. There have been some on Mac who have not experienced an issue but unfortunately I as many have.  Dimitri was a great help to work with me to determine that in Terminal we were able to see two IP addresses opening when Jamkazam started.  One via Ethernet and one WiFi.  Even though WiFi was off it was still generating an IP with conflicting ports. Here is my fix and I suggest others try it to see if signing back on with their Mac might attain a good outcome.  Give it a try.....

Go into system preferences, network, select WiFi and then the minus sign. (You can add back if ever needed) I never use WiFi on my Mac as it’s hooked up via Ethernet but the WiFi present was giving me dual IP addresses in my terminal. This got rid of the dual IP in terminal and now I’m not getting packet errors. 

>>>
For this we created the 'Home' Location under Network in Sys Prefs, remember?

Now, if you want to go into a situation with WiFi, just change the 'Location' ... .
D./
(05-03-2020, 01:23 PM)Dimitri Muskens Wrote:
(05-03-2020, 12:37 PM)stevant Wrote: I figure I’d write this here as with much troubleshooting my issue with my Mac was within my WiFi which has always been off but appears to still be producing an IP address causing major issues with Jamkazam.  This appears to have started last Saturday night before the update some Mac users are blaming. There have been some on Mac who have not experienced an issue but unfortunately I as many have.  Dimitri was a great help to work with me to determine that in Terminal we were able to see two IP addresses opening when Jamkazam started.  One via Ethernet and one WiFi.  Even though WiFi was off it was still generating an IP with conflicting ports. Here is my fix and I suggest others try it to see if signing back on with their Mac might attain a good outcome.  Give it a try.....

>>>

Now, if you want to go into a situation with WiFi, just change the 'Location' ... .
D./
Ah yes!!!!
(05-03-2020, 01:23 PM)Dimitri Muskens Wrote:

>>>

D./
Thank you very much Dimitri and Stevant for solving this problem.  My packet loss has gone away, and I can now play music with my friends.  I am very happy.
Great!!!