• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Behringer X32 rack/ windows 10 direct monitoring issue
Today I installed Jamkazam, already had my X32 rack up and running, with sound coming out. When I got to the step in setup in Jamkazam with direct monitoring, I came to a stand still. I’m still fairly new to the X32, and have not been able to get playback through Jamkazam. I have been using it with Reaper with no issues, and am stuck on shutting off direct monitoring, and getting playback. I have 8 mics set up in my drum kit and am able to to get audio from that, but am at a loss with with what I am missing. Any help would be greatly appreciated!
I don't have experience with the X32, but I do with the XR18. You're going to set up the routing specially for what you're doing. One way to do it is to send the two USB out-from-computer/in-to-X32 channels to an Aux bus (or stereo linked pair of aux busses). Don't send anything else to those aux busses, just the return from the USB interface. Then for your monitoring, listen to those aux outs from the X32, not the main L/R. Someone did a writeup on the XR18, which is much less flexible than the X32 as far as I know: https://community.musictribe.com/t5/Reco...d-p/240275
We are struggling to get X32 working as well. We can hear other players when joining a room, but cannot figure out how to get our audio out from the X32. Have played with the routing options but no luck.
(05-06-2020, 01:50 AM)PW_Mercer Wrote: We are struggling to get X32 working as well. We can hear other players when joining a room, but cannot figure out how to get our audio out from the X32. Have played with the routing options but no luck.

I am having the opposite issue...I am able to get the sound in to Jamkazam but not able to monitor the session in my headphones...the monitoring issue as the original post.  Send me a private post and may be we can work it out before posting back to the thread. Thanks
We managed to get our setup working.
USB Card Setup - 2 in 2 out
Routing - Card Out - Out 1-8
Routing - Out 1-16 - We mapped 1 to Mix Bus 9 and 2 to Mix Bus 10 - these were existing mixes we had setup on those channels.
Post Fader on each
This worked for me:
With nothing plugged into channels 1, 2, 15 and 16.
USB Sends: USB 1 post EQ to Main L, USB 2 to Main R (both Post EQ)
Main Out: Main to USB 1/2, Phones to Main L/R
USB Returns : all Channels and USB Inputs matched 1 to 1, 2 to 2, and so on.
Channel 15 and 16: Set Channel source to USB , USB Return to USB 15 and USB 16. Analog Input OFF.
Headphones work from mixer jack. External speakers work on channels 15 and 16.
All other channels are A/D channel source with matching INP #. USB Return # matches channel #. (Channel 13 is set to A/D, analog input "INP 13" and USB Return set to "USB 13" .