• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Hanging on client updates
I've noticed on several occasions recently where my system would hang during the process of installing required JK updates for Windows.

Took two forced power cycles plus disabling my virus scanner (Avast) before I could get the latest client installer (JamKazam-1.0.3704.msi) to complete the install.

Just thought I'd pass along my experience. Seems like it's wise to do a clean restart and AV disable before installing any new JK client.

I'm running Windows 7 Pro 64-bit.
Just a question, because Windows 7 was renowned for the "pop under" dialog issue where the JKClient.msi "do you want to install?" administrator pop-up would show up UNDER/BEHIND other apps (like the Jamkazam app itself). Was Jamkazam the only thing running, and could you see your desktop when the install started?
I first tried to install it when prompted by the JamKazam app itself. That just hung and I had to hard power cycle the system to reboot.

Tried it again from the downloaded .msi installer. Same result. One more hard power cycle.

Third time immediately after reboot, I temporarily disabled my Avast virus protection and ran the .msi installer and this time, the update worked.