• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Using Digitech RP360XP as audio interface
I'm a relative newbie to all of this and as such, don't own an audio interface box...…...yet. With the current Covid-19 situation it has become apparent that me and my bandmates will not be getting together in person anytime soon. So, we've starting dabbling with playing/jamming online from our remote locations. Seems Jamkazam is quite popular, free, and fairly intuitive to setup and use (well...…….maybe!). I'm a guitarist and I remembered I still had my Digitech RP360XP multi-effects unit and decided to give that a try since it has built-in USB recording capability. After many attempts at getting Jamkazam to recognize the thing I finally got it working. Is there anyone else out there that has tried using this with Jamkazam? So far the biggest issue seems to be the usual latency problem although frankly, my bandmates don't seem to notice much, if any, latency. Sound-quality is quite good. The main problems are that I seem to have to go through Audio Setup again every time I start the Jamkazam app and get the RP360 re-added/tested successfully. BTW - the trick I've found is to make sure the RP360XP has a cable connected to at least one of the output jacks and a cable connected to the input jack but leave your guitar unplugged until setup and test has completed successfully. The other problem is that if I go through Manage>Audio Settings>Audio Console I only have the Mixer tab and related settings. I do not get the other tabs across the top with the myriad of adjustable settings. I'm guessing this is because the RP360XP does not utilize an ASIO driver?? Any insights anyone has into using and optimizing settings for the RP360XP and maybe other multi-effects units with USB recording capability would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!
All the fancy tabs in the Audio console were removed in the last update (yesterday). We as users are not sure if this was intentional, or they were ever intentionally available to us in the first place, but either way, they're gone.

As far as your latency, at a quick glance, it looks like this device doesn't have an ASIO driver, its just class compliant and just plug and play (correct me if i'm mistaken). If that's true, you're best bet is to download ASIO4ALL and get it set up with the Digitech. Other options are more complicated, and difficult to set up, but ultimately work pretty well if its not too much for your cpu - https://forum.jamkazam.com/showthread.php?tid=537
Thanks, Mike! I've added the DigiTech RP360 XP to the list in the "Working Well" category.
Kevin