• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Problems with poor performance, is it mu USB audio interface or internet connection
I am having little success using Jamkazam. My internet speeds are 100mps download and about 12 upload. My USB audio interface is a Roland Duo-Capture EX, which comes with its own ASIO usb drivers. The best results I can achieve is:

And a lot of the time the input and output jitter goes red. When I try a record a private recording the playback is terrible.

I would buy a new USB audio interface if I was sure that was the issue, but the sales rep at Sweetwater didn't think it would make any difference.

Would anyone have any suggestions on where I might start?
The I/O Jitter occasionally going red is fairly normal (at least for me - I think somebody said the color is based on a percentage of your latency, so the lower latency, the easier it is to wiggle just a little and go red), as long as its not going higher than 2-3ms. If its spiking up way high, then there is a bottleneck somewhere giving you trouble.

What latency/buffer size is the roland running at? Is the audio coming in and out with no cracks/pops/etc? make sure the direct monitoring switch on the back of the interface is turned off you you are hearing the audio after the computer gets it. Its possibly your buffer size is too small causing degraded audio quality and bad I/O jitter.
Information 
Would it make any difference if the usb audio interface is powered by the usb cable or by a power supply? Also I din't say that I am running Windows 10 on a Dell I3 with 6GB of ram.

Here is my ASIO setting

Hmmmm, 192 samples will give you fairly high latency, you want to get that down some how, through tweaking or whatever you can. I don't know on the Roland what that audio buffer at the top is vs the ASIO buffer below, but surely the lower they are the better your latency will be.
I can't even get it to recognize my Roland Duo-Capture Ex?  Is it too old?
(04-30-2020, 02:58 PM)StomperBob Wrote: Would it make any difference if the usb audio interface is powered by the usb cable or by a power supply? Also I din't say that I am running Windows 10 on a Dell I3 with 6GB of ram.

Here is my ASIO setting
Set the ASIO buffer size as low as you can and see what you get. From the looks of that ASIO panel I'd guess it's a pretty old driver. My old Edirol UA-25 had that driver and it wouldn't provide decent performance with JK. I had to get a current generation interface.