• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
No graphics - white screen for Jamkaazm desktop app
I have been having this problem when logging on to the Jamkazam desktop app.  It connects, but I don't get the normal graphics, I get this white screen of death! (See attachment of picture of my screen).  It is impossible to really do anything with this screen.

I was able to log out. I have uninstalled and reinstalled the desktop app 5 or 6 times now. I also had to create a new logon and new email.
The last time I downloaded and installed I got the normal orange screen and all the graphics.  Once I logoff, and go back on the next day, i get the white screen below.

I NEED SOME HELP HERE PLEASE!  I can't jam with my band mates due to this issue. If anyone has a solution, it will be GREATLY APPRECIATED.
Thanks.  Joel

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

It did work previously? Update the client. Update Windows. Update audio drivers (all drivers) from PC or motherboard manufacturers' websites. 

Jam Kazam, and use CCleaner or similar program to clean application path and registry settings related to it.

If Jam Kazam worked before try rolling back windows program changes and updates to when it actually worked using system restore (dependent on whether or not it was set up) in Windows operating system.
(04-29-2020, 08:44 PM)HellKiller Wrote: It did work previously? Update the client. Update Windows. Update audio drivers (all drivers) from PC or motherboard manufacturers' websites. 

Jam Kazam, and use CCleaner or similar program to clean application path and registry settings related to it.

If Jam Kazam worked before try rolling back windows program changes and updates to when it actually worked using system restore (dependent on whether or not it was set up) in Windows operating system.

Thanks for the quick response and trying to help me solve this issue.  It is greatly appreciated!
1. Yes the desktop worked fine previously.  After uninstalling and reinstalling several times, and the last time, after I had signed up again with a new email and added my gear etc, I had it up and running perfectly.   Once I logged off and came back the next day, returned to that white screen.
2. Not sure how to update audio drivers, but the audio works if I am invited to a session.  I was able to click on join and it works.  Issue is what a pain and can't adjust anyone else's volume levels or set up a session on my own, etc., etc.  
3. CCleaner.  what does that do and will that screw with anything else on my computer?  It is a work computer so cant afford to screw something else up.
4. Not sure how to roll back Windows updates, but as I said, was working but I lose it once i log off.
Thanks!  Joel
(04-30-2020, 03:21 PM)joelfromjoelsgarage1 Wrote:
(04-29-2020, 08:44 PM)HellKiller Wrote: It did work previously? Update the client. Update Windows. Update audio drivers (all drivers) from PC or motherboard manufacturers' websites. 

Thanks for the quick response and trying to help me solve this issue.  It is greatly appreciated!
1. Yes, the desktop worked fine previously.  After uninstalling and reinstalling several times, and the last time, after I had signed up again with a new email and added my gear etc, I had it up and running perfectly.   Once I logged off and came back the next day, returned to that white screen.
2. Not sure how to update audio drivers, but the audio works if I am invited to a session.  I was able to click on join and it works.  Issue is what a pain and can't adjust anyone else's volume levels or set up a session on my own, etc., etc.  
3. CCleaner.  what does that do and will that screw with anything else on my computer?  It is a work computer so cant afford to screw something else up.
4. Not sure how to roll back Windows updates, but as I said, was working but I lose it once i log off.
Thanks!  Joel
What System Restore will do if it is set up, and you have to have it authorized to save restore points and these restore points will take up hard drive space which will allow you to go back to before when things were installed. So everything installed after the date you roll back to will not have happened. It keeps files and documents. Some times it works and sometimes it will say it can't roll things back. I recently rolled things back and it didn't fix my problem so I went back to what had done at the later date by going back to the future after all the attempts at fixing things. That future date savepoint was still in windows which allows me to undo the rollback. It is a good feature to have on if you have the hard drive space to eat up. It can take a lot but you can set up how much you want to allow System Restore to use. So if it is not set up now and you have a lot of hard drive space you can assign some space and set it up so that if you mess things up and trying to fix your PC you can go back to that point you just set up. Note there have been times it didn't work rolling thing back. 

In Windows 10 you can type and search "System Restore" Icon under or next to the start menu that looks like a magnifier. Click on create a restore point and an old school "system properties" window pops up. The tab "system Protection" has a "Protection Settings" field and it lists the hard drives that it is turned on for in the "protection" field. If it says on in this section then you can roll back settings for that hard drive. If it is on then the "System Restore" section will allow you to through the system restore wizard. 

In order to see what Windows updates are installed you type into Windows search "Apps and Features" click "apps and Features system settings" go down the page to"programs and features" and with the next window click "view installed updates". Figuring out which updates messed things up is another story though.

What CCleaner can and can't do.

https://www.ccleaner.com/docs/ccleaner/i...nd-cant-do

Yes, CCleaner does a bunch of stuff but it gives you check marks so you can decline to allow it to do the various things in the list of all the things it can do to limit it.

I also use Wise Registry and Wise Drive cleaner which can be set to do a restore point so you can go back to before things were adjusted. 

It is possible that Windows built-in uninstaller just doesn't uninstall things properly so they have other programs that do a better job. For example, if you go into the windows folder you may see old program folders that you don't have installed anymore. Sometimes registry files of these programs are left in windows. 

I've used Geek registry uninstaller for a while now it is pretty simple to use, but there are many different uninstallers out there. Try using one instead of Windows uninstaller. It might be good to use Wise Uninstaller since the other Wise programs usually set restore points, but you may need to go settings area to get it turned on in the program. 

https://www.lifewire.com/free-uninstalle...ms-2625188