• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Where is the buffer size setting on the OSX app?
Does anyone have any idea where to find the buffer size controls in Jamkazam on OSX (High Sierra)?  I'm using a Focusrite 2i2 and the hardware latency is showing up just over 10ms which is typically what I get using this interface with Logic Pro with a 256 buffer setting.  I know I can change the sample rate settings in osx Audio/Midi settings but I can't find a local buffer size control in Jamkazam.  

Generally when Im tracking I drop my buffer down to 128 or even 64 to reduce latency while monitoring back from the Logic.  I'd like to be able to do something similar with Jamkazam.
It is not wise to change your buffer size setting while you are in JK. It will cause the app to crash.
(04-28-2020, 11:08 PM)mabalot Wrote: It is not wise to change your buffer size setting while you are in JK. It will cause the app to crash.
Well that shouldn't be a problem since Im not seeing a buffer size setting in the app.  Are you seeing one?  Regardless, if the app crashes then that is a bug they will eventually deal with.  An audio app shouldn't crash when adjusting buffer settings that it is responsible for setting.
There is no normal buffer size setting that I've seen in JK. I thought there was something briefly in the new Audio Console i was experimenting with, but after today's update its all gone again.
(04-29-2020, 03:28 PM)marhdeth Wrote: There is no normal buffer size setting that I've seen in JK.  I thought there was something briefly in the new Audio Console i was experimenting with, but after today's update its all gone again.

Doesn't that seem strange? Considering the name of the game here is reducing latency wherever possible, buffer size is one of the best tools we have in terms of controlling latency.  It seems like a very strange omission.  This is certainly a control parameter that should be provided within Jamkazam.  From what I understand, the windows users are able to adjust their buffer settings.
Some windows ASIO drivers let you *attempt* to change your buffer size, but JK sometimes overrides that setting and requests its own seemingly random buffer size that it determines it wants. Lots of windows users have the same issue with buffer size too big or too small and they can't adjust it. JK having its own setting to request a buffer size (like every DAW ever) would be most welcome and helpful for both platforms.