• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Help with Avid M-Box Mini
Hi everyone, I am trying to properly set I/O on my Avid M-BOX Mini without success. I have connected the mbox to my laptop (windows 10), through the firewire port on the back of the mbox and then into the usb port on my computer. Basically on JamKazam I have selected (as input) the avid mbox, and I can hear clearly through the headphones that I plugged, on the front of the mbox.
Although I can hear my guitar clearly, I can’t hear the audio of other musicians playing with me, nor them talking to me. I simply selected the same audio interface for audio output hoping I could hear everybody else in my headphone but I don’t. It looks like the audio is coming out only from the mini speaker the mbox has embedded.
Does anyone knows how to properly set the audio interface?
Thank you in advance
Gabriele

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Make sure that mix know on the front is turned all the way to P/B (which I assume is “Playback”). This will make sure you are hearing audio from the computer and not direct monitoring your inputs. Also make sure JamKazams output is set to the mbox as well.

Also, you’re gonna want to get better drivers for that (http://avid.force.com/pkb/articles/downl...ni-Drivers). Any WDM driver is going to have too much latency. I see you have ASIO4ALL installed, which could work, but if Avid has their own ASIO driver, it will probably be better than ASIO4ALL.
(04-27-2020, 01:15 PM)marhdeth Wrote: Make sure that mix know on the front is turned all the way to P/B (which I assume is “Playback”). This will make sure you are hearing audio from the computer and not direct monitoring your inputs.  Also make sure JamKazams output is set to the mbox as well.

Also, you’re gonna want to get better drivers for that (http://avid.force.com/pkb/articles/downl...ni-Drivers). Any WDM driver is going to have too much latency. I see you have ASIO4ALL installed, which could work, but if Avid has their own ASIO driver, it will probably be better than ASIO4ALL.
Thank you for taking the time to help me
I have done exactly as you said and in fact the mix was all the way to the wrong side and that's the reason i wasn't able to hear others speaking. I also realized that if you want to hear both the instruments and people talking i need to leave it pretty much in the middle. I hope I did set it up correctly.

I am wondering if i need to wear headphones with a microphone, like the gaming headphones, in order to be able to speak and hear others, or if there is any way that i can divide in a way that audio out goes into the headphones but i keep the computer microphone to speak

I am not sure i am clear enough..
(04-27-2020, 10:51 PM)gsalvatori Wrote:
(04-27-2020, 01:15 PM)marhdeth Wrote: Make sure that mix know on the front is turned all the way to P/B (which I assume is “Playback”). This will make sure you are hearing audio from the computer and not direct monitoring your inputs.  Also make sure JamKazams output is set to the mbox as well.

Thank you for taking the time to help me
I have done exactly as you said and in fact the mix was all the way to the wrong side and that's the reason i wasn't able to hear others speaking. I also realized that if you want to hear both the instruments and people talking i need to leave it pretty much in the middle. I hope I did set it up correctly.

I am wondering if i need to wear headphones with a microphone, like the gaming headphones, in order to be able to speak and hear others, or if there is any way that i can divide in a way that audio out goes into the headphones but i keep the computer microphone to speak

I am not sure i am clear enough..

>>>
Jumping in here ...

If you have to leave the direct monitoring 'half on' to be able to hear yourself and your peers, your setup is not correct. Apparently your own audio is not coming back through jkz. Like marhdeth wrote you'll have to setup your audio interface/sound card as output as well. Could you hear the test ping when you setup your device?

And yes, you can setup your computer mic as talkback. That is done in the same place as where you configure your audio gear. Do read what's on your screen when setting things up. It's all been shown as options in the setup process.