• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
JK changing buffer size in Focusrite 2i4
Hi all. I mentioned this in another thread where there was a work around if you experienced problems setting up the audio interface with JK. Unfortunately I wasn't able to apply any of the advice there ( Reaper/Cakewalk work arounds ) and I am still stuck wit he problem

So, rather than fill that particular thread up with my problem, I have given a youtube link here to show what the problem is.

Any advice would be appreciated and yes, I have downloaded the Beta version of focusrite software driver that provides SYNCED and not Locked - still no difference.

[color=var(--ytcp-link-color)]https://youtu.be/I3_wPaVzysU[/color]

[color=var(--ytcp-link-color)]Thanks[/color]

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Have you tried 48kHz or 96kHz? I know when I was first experimenting with my Focusrite (and I used to have a 2i2 until I changed mind and went with a 4i4) and 48kHz was much better on things. (And I find 96kHz is even better - I have no idea why but it now 'just works'). I can make mine change the buffer size to *120* or *440* if I get an 'UNKNOWN' in the latency.
Here's my Focusrite at 96kHz. Perhaps give it a go at 96kHz? Since setting up a 96kHz one I have never had a problem and it has never tried to write back to the driver with a *120* or *440* or *880*. https://screenrec.com/share/WypFuKbX1d

There is a video here which shows the moment that JK changes my buffer size when I was setting it at 44100kHz
https://screenrec.com/share/PzYIak1ugt

As an aside goodness knows what the numbers in I/O refer to. My rate is 'good' at -400 and yours is 'poor' at -403. My rate is 'poor' at various times when I have tried other settings from a rate of 0 to 14 to 300 to nearly 400. Very puzzling
You may already have found this...

I don't understand what they mean but I think there is a lot of information in the Perf stats folder on your machine. I don't understand it but it does go through step by step what it is doing. Someone might be able to explain what some of it means!

I am going to try and set up my ReaRoute again and see if there are any hints there as to what the problem is

You can get to it form the Audio Console or directly in C:\Users\{YOUR USER NAME]\AppData\Roaming\JamKazam\perfStats folder and all your attempts will be there in the form [YOUR NAME]--52130-2020-04-20-18-27-30.csv
(04-27-2020, 10:22 AM)Nick Blair Wrote: You may already have found this...

I don't understand what they mean but I think there is a lot of information in the Perf stats folder on your machine. I don't understand it but it does go through step by step what it is doing. Someone might be able to explain what some of it means!

I am going to try and set up my ReaRoute again and see if there are any hints there as to what the problem is

You can get to it form the Audio Console or directly in C:\Users\{YOUR USER NAME]\AppData\Roaming\JamKazam\perfStats folder and all your attempts will be there in the form [YOUR NAME]--52130-2020-04-20-18-27-30.csv
Thanks Nick, yes I found that folder and the attempts, but only as setting up a session with one of my colleagues. You're right - one hell of a lot of info there Smile