• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Network packet send errors
Hi all,

I have been using Jamkazam for a few weeks and all has been great until last night.  Once I get into a room with more than one other person the sound starts to skip real bad and I keep getting Network packet send errors.  Never had that before and I did not change anything.  Any ideas what it can do as the system is no longer playable for me.  My latency is 8.4 at 2.5 fps and for those who see me online see I have excellent latency.  Green/yellow. I'm using a brand new Mac so I know kits not a computer issue.  I have a 1gig Fios connection and my speed test for the router and my computer are very high.  Bad network card maybe?.......Mac Network utility shows no concerns.

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks,

Steve
(04-26-2020, 09:03 PM)stevant Wrote: Hi all,

I have been using Jamkazam for a few weeks and all has been great until last night.  Once I get into a room with more than one other person the sound starts to skip real bad and I keep getting Network packet send errors.  Never had that before and I did not change anything.  Any ideas what it can do as the system is no longer playable for me.  My latency is 8.4 at 2.5 fps and for those who see me online see I have excellent latency.  Green/yellow. I'm using a brand new Mac so I know kits not a computer issue.  I have a 1gig Fios connection and my speed test for the router and my computer are very high.  Bad network card maybe?.......Mac Network utility shows no concerns.

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks,

Steve

Hi Steve, I too am a Mac user, using a new Scarlett 2i2 USB-C as an audio interface, and until today, when a forced JamKazam client update occurred, everything was fine. Now, I get similar issues I suppose, where I'm getting a message that I have different values between two different devices/elements (it says 192000 vice 96000) but I cannot find anywhere that shows either to be able to change them. No idea what to do about it, but it isn't my Mac or my network - doubt its yours either - I'm on FiOS as well, hardwired to Gig service, and everything else is fine.
Dan
Dan
Hey Dan..... I must have emailed a dozen or so logs over to support. Hopefully I receive a response. As for your numbers I can help you make sure they are the same across your device and software if you’d like.
Same thing here, but started even earlier with the update about two weeks ago....
haven't found a solution yet
Mine actually started the night before the update now that I think of it, it’s crazy. I upgraded my system to take advantage of Jamkazam. It was working great before this started.
Hello, My JamKazam was also working great until few days ago. I have not changed anything in my set up, but today I started to receive " I get the following error message:
"Check your network! Your network changes packets port-numbers. This may block receiving real-time UDP packet trafic from the Internet." 
Although I am connected like usual via ethernet cable (my wifi is off), when I try to run the network test, either JamKazam says I am not connected to internet at all (but I am connected! at over 90m bit, checked it too), or says I am connected via wifi (which also is not really true as my wifi is turned off)..

So, I am a bit in confusion with what happened in this last 2 days that made me impossible to connect...  Anyone has any ideas? (I am using a 2013 MacPro, and focusrite gen 3, not that I think it matters at the moment, as I used to have perfect connection for a month with this exactly same setup)
Cheers
Ok, so I’m now getting in as of late last night but still not 100% there. I’ll keep you posted. I have my ISP working things on my network, not sure where they are at, but I have friends receiving the same error packets as of last Saturday also...... this is aging me!!!

Saga continues!!’
I've been using JamKazam (JK) for our music school's rock band rehearsals since the lock down. In the beginning (early April) was getting Network Packet Errors (NPE) and seeing students with 100% packet loss. It was often caused when someone new would enter a session, causing someone else in the session to start having packet losses.

I research old posts here and someone said to try, in JK, Manage > Networking > Packet Rate Configuration, with no other directions or help. So, I just improvised, ratcheting down everything to the lowest settings in hopes of making it easier for the network to handle and not get lost. Outgoing Bit Rate was set at 128 Kbit/s), and Network Packet Rate 100 Pkt/s). Voila! No more NPE! That lasted until this week.

I set up a new band for rehearsals, but one member started getting NPE, so I had them configure as I cited above. No change. In fact, for a short while this week, the ability to change the Outgoing Bit Rate was grayed out. It seems to be back now with the latest update. However, none of those changes has made a difference for one band member, and it appears to be infecting everyone else. We're all connecting within 5-10 miles of each other, blazing speed in all home, everyone connected via Ethernet cable, all audio gear passed the latency test.

I hope this helps some of you and if you discover anything, please let me know!
As of yesterday it appears all has been rectified. I had my ISP looking into it so I’m not sure if JZ fixed it on their end or if Verizon did something. I feel it was a JZ and Mac issue as others have had the same problem. I did remove my WiFi from my network. That did help..... forgot to mention that. Go into system preferences, network, select WiFi and then the minus sign. (You can add back if ever needed) I never use WiFi on my Mac as it’s hooked up via Ethernet but the WiFi present was giving me dual IP addresses in my terminal. This got rid of the dual IP in terminal and now I’m not getting packet errors since last night. Give it a try....
Thank you so much..deleting the wifi connection worked!!!!
Eliminated my network packet errors for me on my Mac pro.