• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Audio Frame Size setting gone?
When you first open JamKazam go to Manage, Audio, Audio Console and you'll see all those tabs and options. As soon as you join a session they disappear, and don't come back until you restart JK altogether.
Well.. after playing around with many of the settings in the so called new Audio Console window, I have to assume making this section available to us end users, was not JK's intention. It seems more for the developers and diagnostic in nature. After all the window title says, JamKazam Diagnosticator. I suspect this is for JK's testing purposes.

It is true, the only way to get to this section is initially after opening the App, before you join a session. After you join and leave a session, you will no longer see all the settings when opening it again. You must restart the App. It's too bad it's not accessible from within the session because I liked the previous option to change my bit rate on the fly in real time, during the session.

The Network Tab has the Packet Rate, defaulting to 400
To change your music quality bit rate, it looks like this is now in the Encoder tab with a slider that goes to 320. Previously it went to 5xx
They took it away again today, didn't they.
(04-29-2020, 03:31 PM)marhdeth Wrote: They took it away again today, didn't they.

>>>
Looks like it šŸ˜„
(04-29-2020, 03:33 PM)DimitriĀ Muskens Wrote:
(04-29-2020, 03:31 PM)marhdeth Wrote: They took it away again today, didn't they.

>>>
Looks like it šŸ˜„
I confirmed this as well, and reported it...
I believeĀ They are working on a new release today ; stay tuned..
~JB

I can't complain - this is free software and they aren't charging for the service either. But it is a little frustrating!
(04-29-2020, 05:30 PM)pizak Wrote:

I can't complain - this is free software and they aren't charging for the service either. But it is a little frustrating!

For sure, I'm so grateful just to have anything. My thought is though, the more power you put into the techy/tweakers hands, the less development they have to do to make it super smooth and easy. If we don't have tweaks and options, we can't make it better for ourselves, THEY have to make it better for us. I just like having the tweaks in my own hands, I also know the more power you give the user, the more they can screw things up for themselves.
(04-29-2020, 05:49 PM)marhdeth Wrote:
(04-29-2020, 05:30 PM)pizak Wrote:

For sure, I'm so grateful just to have anything. My thought is though, the more power you put into the techy/tweakers hands, the less development they have to do to make it super smooth and easy. If we don't have tweaks and options, we can't make it better for ourselves, THEY have to make it better for us. I just like having the tweaks in my own hands, I also know the more power you give the user, the more they can screw things up for themselves.

Frame size is coming back... Look for the Mac update soon (Today)
Regards,~JB
Another update today? The update today (windows) is what took it away.
Yup, I noticed it's gone after another software push today. I've been backing up the previous version just for keeps-sake. Tonight, I had a pretty good private jam session with one other person.

To get past the software update window, just press Esc to continue on the same version. At your own risk of course. Ultimately I keep current.