• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Audio Frame Size setting gone?
UPDATE, its still around:

When you first open JamKazam go to Manage, Audio, Audio Console and you'll see all those tabs and options. As soon as you join a session they disappear, and don't come back until you restart JK altogether.

UPDATE AGAIN: 

Nevermind, its gone again.
Same problem here on MacOS. It has taken my latency back up.
(04-26-2020, 08:49 PM)pizak Wrote: Same problem here on MacOS. It has taken my latency back up.
Have a look around.... Im not 100% sure just yet, first glance shows My latency the same at a 1ms frame size.... I think you can set this in the Manage/Audio Console Settings....
Maybe the settings have just moved..... Stay tuned, and check it out/..
~JB
(04-26-2020, 09:07 PM)jbuecker Wrote:
(04-26-2020, 08:49 PM)pizak Wrote: Same problem here on MacOS. It has taken my latency back up.
Have a look around.... Im not 100% sure just yet, first glance shows My latency the same at a 1ms frame size.... I think you can set this in the Manage/Audio Console Settings....
Maybe the settings have just moved..... Stay tuned, and check it out/..
~JB

I see the new Audio Console... But still can't adjust it. I had mine set to 1 ms and after the update it was changed to 2.5 ms and I can't change it back anywhere I can see.
I noticed too after the Mac update, the settings are grayed out.. unable to change them. I emailed support on Sunday. Curios if and what they have to say.

Actually, something new? This did not exist in the previous version

Manage > Audio Settings > Audio Console
>>>
Yes!
That's where it's located now.
Plus a lot of other 'new' & 'different' settings/toys to mess with.
Thanks for the hint. For some reason, the new "Audio Console" page is very random. Sometimes it only shows the mixer and sometimes it shows all the available tabs. I'm attaching a picture which shows it when its not letting me change anything useful.

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

You can change the frame size and it has made a change to my I/O rate - WHICH I STILL HAVE NO IDEA WHAT IT REFERS TO!! - but my one now looks like this https://screenrec.com/share/O1WG6ZvpcX

I have no idea whether that is good or bad or indifferent!

Here is where I made the change https://screenrec.com/share/Jxh6iXIRCZ
>>>
Yes!
(04-27-2020, 10:24 AM)Dimitri Muskens Wrote: >>>
Yes!

Dimitri as you seem to understand these things Smile

Can I ask what the I/O test does and what one can do to affect it? I have seen numbers when I have been experimenting from Rate=0 to to Rate>-1000 (as in the screen shot above). Personally I am trying to get ReaRoute to work but continually fail on the I/O test and have no real idea where to look to help make it work! In some cases 400 is seen as good but I have seen (on another thread) someone having their rate of 400 as Poor. A tiny of bit of clarification would be wonderful. I have managed to get an M-Audio M Track, my Focusrite and a Zoom H2 working for me and friends but am struggling to understand what I am dooiong that actually affects anything Smile