• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Can one person's network/hardware issues kill a session for everyone?
(03-30-2020, 05:24 PM)Sue Wales Wrote: Can you help me and tell me where you adjust for latency and packet losses please? Thanks Sue

I'm also trying to get jamkazam to work from the UK.  I've almost given up.  I've a wired connection to 76Mbps fibre broadband and have updated my audio device drivers to ASIO.  it's better than it was, but I think their servers are west coast USA so there will always be fundamental physics in the way.  I have some final testing to do tomorrow, but failing that I've set up a private jamulus server.  You need one dedicated to your session but it's very easy to set up (and free as well).  The jamulus client "just works" (as long as you have ASIO drivers installed). 

My recommendation - if you can't get jamkazam to perform - is to install your own private jamulus server, then all install a jamulus client and connect to it.  At worst you all connect via your respective ISP peer points which will probably be in London - but that's better than across the Atlantic and back!

Best of luck!

--Andrew

Messages In This Thread
RE: Can one person's network/hardware issues kill a session for everyone? - by Sharpie - 04-01-2020, 07:29 PM